My Weldless Build Using Strut

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can I find out more info about DP LLC? I tried a google search for them but didn't have any luck. Do they have a website? If it was posted earlier in this thread I apologize. I tried skimming through the earlier posts but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

Thanks!

You won't find much on them on the web as far as brewing and brew stands. Ever since I started strutstands.com to sell kits I've been working with them and had several conversations with them about this thread I started, and the volume of hits they were receiving directly from this thread. They are not brewers, but pretty much saw the success I was having with selling kits and decided to start selling a kit themselves. They sell a lot of strut and fittings to the electrical and solar industries so they have the advantage of cutting strut and selling it with fittings at cost. But I would not expect to get much in the way of brewing advice, burner & pump mounting, etc. Also, stainless is nice, no doubt, but after a year or two of brewing believe me you won't be able to tell much of a difference between it and galvanized. The galvanized burns off, and the SS discolors. They both get pretty ugly looking. The powder coated lower sections are a nice touch. Galvanized that is not in direct heat holds up well too. I don't make a killing on the kits I sell. With shipping and the effort to get them cut, packed, etc, it's barely worth it to me. It is nice to see there are some options now with other vendors. Nothing better for the consumer than competition.

Thanks I obviously read too quickly and mixed up D & G. Thanks also gifty for your reply. It's always nice to see people supporting the hobby and I can tell your efforts come from a love of homebrewing. It's so great that we have so many options these days as a result of innovative people like you.

Cheers

Anytime, enjoy your build. Working with strut is easy and gp-llc provided great customer service. As far as strut channel is concerned, I found it was cheaper at a local electrical supplier than through gp-llc, and they also cut to size at no extra cost. You might try calling around if you have options in the area. Good luck!

I ordered Just the fittings from Strut channel.. my total is $74.
I did order a few more items than what is on the 3 burner set up.
I stopped by an electrical supply house I frequent and got a quote of $17 per stick of uni-strut. Pre-galvanized, galvanized and green powder coated.
The stainless was $128 :eek:

How long does strut channel usually take to fill orders?
I after my confirmation email there has been nothing for 4 days.
Maybe I am so used to amazons get it now sort of thing.

If I do not receive an email by tomorrow I may give them a ring.

How long does strut channel usually take to fill orders?
I after my confirmation email there has been nothing for 4 days.
Maybe I am so used to amazons get it now sort of thing.

If I do not receive an email by tomorrow I may give them a ring.

It took mine a 7 business days to get to Florida but it shipped in like 2 or 3. I ordered on a Weds and got it the following Friday....

Yellowirenut, I placed an order on 4/4 and hadn't heard anything since the confirmation email. I called the Las Vegas store find out what's up and they told me they were out of stock on 1/2 bolts. They are expecting them to show up today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the info. I would hope my order comes from the grand Rapids Mi. location. Its about 2 1/2 hrs away.

I had the same issue with Grand Rapids. You have to pester them daily in order to get answers. Took 4 days of bugging them to find out one part was out of stock for about 4 more days and all in all took 2 weeks before my stuff arrived. Customer service is crap from them. If sh*t is out of stock label it that way on your damn wedsite so we can find it somewhere else.

That's strange. My order had brackets that were out of stock and they emailed me letting me know, offered a cheaper solution and expedited the shipping for free so I could have it by the weekend. I guess it varies, but my experience was excellent.

I ordered my stuff on Tuesday and did hear anything and my stuff showed up on my door step on Thursday. They came out of the Michigan office. I thought they had great service.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I received an email this morning saying my items have shipped along with a tracking number. I entered the number into bing and saw my brackets where coming from Los Vegas. Umm Well that's the long way around the barn. If they have been out of 1/2 bolts like a previous poster said I am guessing that was going to be the best warehouse to ship out of.

I've ordered from gp-llc a few times. I generally got everything in about 2 days. I did have a screwed up order once, but I had the replacement parts next day. I love their service.

got all the fitting ordered, the SAVE coupon code still work:rockin: now just need to get back home from this road trip and build the thing!

got all the struts cut to length, got a chop saw from harbour freight! now waiting for the mounting hardware from GP LLC...

I have a stupid question and that is; what is the best way to contact strut fittings. I have tried about 7 or 10 times to call and only got voice mail. I left messages about half the time. I also wrote to them several times. All in all, I recieved no response. Any ideas would be appreiciated.

There's two numbers on their website, have you tried both? Did you email [email protected]? Did you use the dollar form on their website? That's about all the options I can come up with. I'm sorry you're having trouble. They were back ordered on a part for my first order. But they emailed me to let me know... good luck.

Ordered all my stuff from them about 10 days ago... got a heavy arse box about 5 days later!

I have gathered all the materials for my build. Just need the time now. With spring here it seems 15 other projects have popped up all screaming for my attention.

Gate is broken from the harsh winter, paver blocks in front of gate heaved up and now broken, Chicken coop needs painted, empty landscaping area in the front needs mulch and bushes, plant garden, and clean off garage work bench plus many other things that can wait till summer.

I am going to do a quick Newcastle extract clone Saturday morning, I think I may cut my unistrut during that.

W ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399598943.698737.jpg

Here is my weld less build using 80/20 extruded aluminum. Only tool needed was two Allen wrenches

That stuff is nice, but very expensive. Where did you buy and how much $$?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That stuff is nice, but very expensive. Where did you buy and how much $$?

It is expensive you can buy it on eBay pretty cheap. I did not go that route I used their free design service and once we had the design the way I wanted the order was placed and 4 days later it was at my door. It cost me a little over $1000 with tax and shipping.

Does anyone have pictures of there gas/lpg system on one of these unistrut builds?

Does anyone have a good solution for mounting chugger pumps and a plate chiller from brewhardware for this kind of stand?

I used a 4" electrical plate and some bolts, had to drill a few holes but it's a tight mount:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400325787.926932.jpg

I wanted something "unmountable" and easy for the chiller, so mini bungee cords do the trick:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400325865.295293.jpg

I've been stalking this thread for months. Ordered the fittings a couple of months ago, Picked up the strut a month ago, and have been staring at a pile of stuff since then. FINALLY got the time to do something with it. I'm pretty pleased how easy it was to put this thing together. Threw in a gas igniter while I was at it...

20140516_234604.jpg

20140517_014139.jpg

20140517_173427.jpg

20140517_175001.jpg

20140517_175008.jpg

Took several nights of just building when I had an extra 30 min but its 99% done. The only thing left to add is a bracket for my carbon filter and RV garden hose.

I am happy how it turned out and looks. Its a bit long but I left enough room in the center to add another burner if I want to expand to kegs.

KIMG0021_zps91gpfpua.jpg

KIMG0023_zpsbvp95bvz.jpg

KIMG0022_zpsa8avwi9b.jpg

Its a BG 12 burner with the legs cut off.
th

KIMG0024_zps0tdbhhcd.jpg

KIMG0025_zps5bzbrh48.jpg

cool thx. going to home depot today so I will check this out. how did you secure them?

Back