How do you guys do this???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pipeline. Brew a lot. When you think you have enough beer. Brew more. I'm learning this now. Once you have a full pipeline, you won't think about that beer you just brewed, since you'll have several on hand to drink while you wait!

As a new brewer, patience is the absolute hardest thing to learn but if you are a good student you will be handsomely rewarded with good beer.

Once the pipeline begins filling up and you get into a routine things become much easier and waiting no longer is an issue!

+1 to the pipeline. Also, get some brewing software. You can spend time creating and playing with recipes. It will subtract from the time you spend standing in front of and staring at your fermenter.

+1 to the pipeline.

I moved a month ago which destroyed my pipeline. I have a 4 tap kegerator and 2 beer drinkers to support in our house, so I have been brewing my ass off to play catch up.

Ive brewed 7 batches in 30 days....Once you get ahead of the curve it gets a lot less onerous.

More often as not,patience is something that must be learned. But when your patience is finally rewarded,you'll get it. We all do,each in our own time.:mug:

I just started in January, I found that it I needed extra better bottles immediately. I have 2 batches bottled and three in fermenters, one on deck for this weekend. Before you know it you will have to check notes on when what was brewed because you will be bottling, brewing, and sampling other batches.

As it's been said. Brew a lot. I brew a lot of lagers and sours, so I've learned patience. But when I do a sour, it may need upwards of 3 years. My answer? I do them every couple of months so there's always a batch coming due.

The same with my ales. It is a rare day that my fermenters are empty!

Fermenters! I now have 2 primary buckets and 5 carboys. Plus kegs to condition in. Its a disease. Run away.

Agreed. I have remnant bottles from 3 batches (pre-kegging), 4 batches currently in kegs, 5 batches fermenting, and 90 pounds of malt sitting in my home office waiting to be brewed. I am constantly cruising Craigslist looking for more corny kegs. . .

Even though I have 200 bottles in the beer cave, the anticipation of the next taste is huge. I have a Dunkel Dopelbock lagering, it smells so good it is difficult to wait months to enjoy the first! I guess the anticipation just makes the acutal moment that much more special. Beer foreplay.

It seems like it has been 6 weeks since I put my wort in the fermenter fSaturday evening!!!!

You need to have a steady supply of your favorite beer on hand, because you can't touch the new stuff for a long time! And I'm falling into this part now.. I need another fermenter, because even though my "Waiting" patience is good, I see a weekend come, and wonder how come I didn't boil up another!!!
Buy some good beer for now. And Patience!
:mug:

+1 to a solid pipeline, I have 4 fermenters and they are almost always full, moving to 10 gallon batches helped with building that pipeline.

Fermenters! I now have 2 primary buckets and 5 carboys. Plus kegs to condition in. Its a disease. Run away.

I'm up to 5 glass fermenters and 10 kegs. It just never ends. "Oh I need to brew this weekend, gotta move beer X to secondary.. hm, I'll just buy another keg to secondary in the keg!"

Back