Brew Sink: Anyone ever mod a 3 compartment sink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul_111

Reaction score
I think the standard 18" or 24" wide sink compartments found in most single compartment commercial sinks are too small for cleaning cornys, but larger single compartment sinks are hard to find.

Soo... What about getting a 2 or 3 compartment commercial/restaurant sink and removing the divider(s) by cutting/grinding them out?

If I found a sink with 3 18" compartments and removed the 2 dividers, the result would be a single 48" wide compartment. I think that would be awesome!

Has anyone seen or done such a thing?

I'm not crazy about the plastic. I have had a 24", and the floor of the sink compartment was bowed up. I can't imagine twice the span would be better.

I have a (24x24x18)x3 stainless sink reclaimed from a restaurant demolition and, honestly, for a utility sink I would sooner go get a galvanized watering trough/tub to use than I would put the effort in to modify this for a single basin.

If you try this, and I doubt it will work the way you want, you have to find a very old-school single tub with dividers sink. These so rare because the center sink does not completely drain because it only has lateral slope and no front-to-back slope to speak of.
There are vertical wash sinks but they are rare and expensive. Anything over 18" goes up astronomically in cost.

Are you trying to soak a whole corny? I have a two bowl stainless sink with a side shelf. I lay the corny on the side shelf and use the sprayer to clean the inside

Are you trying to soak a whole corny? I have a two bowl stainless sink with a side shelf. I lay the corny on the side shelf and use the sprayer to clean the inside

That's a good idea -I wasn't looking at sinks with drainboards. I will look into one, thanks!

Good news! For grins, I was looking a the webstaurant website and the 36" x 24" sink is in stock!

So I ordered one! It will be here next week! :ban:

I just use one of those Sterilite containers for my sink. It's just an ole slop sink I made with that and wood for the frame. Nothing fancy but much better than nothing at all. Plenty of room for cleaning my 10 gallon kettle.

I'd love to have a stainless sink and one of those over head industrial faucets. :rockin:

I saw them in Upstate New York 2 years ago. They were AWESOME!

I guess I was surprised by your name as I always think of Yes as a much under-rated and under-appreciated band.

Favorite - I've Seen All Good People.

Good news! For grins, I was looking a the webstaurant website and the 36" x 24" sink is in stock!

So I ordered one! It will be here next week! :ban:

How is that sink? I'm thinking about getting one. Wondering if you had a chance to use it yet and can give a review? How bad is the shipping costs?

How is that sink? I'm thinking about getting one. Wondering if you had a chance to use it yet and can give a review? How bad is the shipping costs?

Shipping to IL was high. It was $107, as I went for commercial delivery (we have a forklift). IIRC, lift gate was ~150 residential.

I have not installed it yet. I hope to in the next week or two. I will review it once it is operational.

Cool, I look foward to it. That's good to know you can do commercial delivery, I'll have it delivered to work to save some money. Thanks

Back