Member Names!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BK, Here's what "gnome with donkey" had to say about his name...

Boerderij Kabouter said:
boo - er - dare - rye ... ka - bout - er

My version makes more sense..." Boer-der-ig Ka-Boot-er."

Its Dutch. Isn't that weird...

And this seems as good a place as any to reveal what it means........

I am the "Farmhouse Gnome"

Sometimes I call it Big Jim and the Twins.

What?

Oh, this isn't that kind of thread. I see. Well I'll just be showing myself out then.

Mine would have been just 'Jester', but of course it wasn't available. Of course, pretty much everyone here just refers to me as Jester without the numbers anyway!

I remember getting slammed when I was a relatively new member for inquiring why so few people didn't base their handle on their first name to make life easier. Must be all those identity theives who have every nugget in place except for the first name ;-)

I remember getting slammed when I was a relatively new member for inquiring why so few people didn't base their handle on their first name to make life easier. Must be all those identity theives who have every nugget in place except for the first name ;-)

Hell, I'm providing them with a last name and two initials!

I'm boned.

In a town my size, just knowing my first name is probably enough to find me :D I put my first name in my sig anyway, whatever!

Back in the late 80's/early 90's I worked with a guy that thinks he's pretty witty. With the first name of Kermit (really!) I've had a few names shot my way and I just take it in stride. Well the movie Comando came out and I was prone to wear a bit of camoflage pants in those days before it was fashionable (former member USAF, Aux, Civil Air Patrol). This guy decides to call me "Kermando" and that stuck for a while. Then Terminator came out and it was "Kerminator". I started bowling with this guy and another fellow on the team decided I was to be called "Kermandonator" and that stuck for a LONG time and I still hear it once in a while. Left bowling and took up disc golf and some of the hop cousin smokin crowd went to calling me "KerMANDO" again since hole 12 was the "MANDO" hole for their illicit (not mine;)) activity and I've aced that hole (basket) 5 times. So when I took up brewing and had to decide on a brew name "Brewmando" just seemed to work well for me. Most of the time friends simply call me Kerm but I still hear the others called out from time to time.

:mug:

I just took the first three letters of my last name and added a beer related term to the end. I figured McKBrew flowed better than McKBeer. Either way it seems to invoke corporate images of a certain fast food restaurant, so sometimes my avatar reflects that.

I guess Sick Twisted F**k was already taken.;)

Are you calling me a sick, twisted ****? Are you? Are you?

Listen, I lightly suck and tickle the scrotum of anyone that even HINTS that I am a sick and twisted ****!

er, yes....That name was already taken by olllllllo :(

I don't know. The only thing that kept me from getting all tingly is the fact that, well, you're a DUDE. Now if you grow some breasts and lose the chest hair ...:D

I dunno, I think breasts with chest hair could be kinda sexy in a weird sort of way. Sort of like those bearded ladies. I'll bet those beards tickle.

Mine comes from the fact that I am, indeed a real live gnome that laughs a lot. I have HUGE gnome testicles, and they laugh a lot too......I am Gnome, hear me bore!

I guess Sick Twisted F**k was already taken.;)

Are you calling me a sick, twisted ****? Are you? Are you?

Listen, I lightly suck and tickle the scrotum of anyone that even HINTS that I am a sick and twisted ****!

er, yes....That name was already taken by olllllllo :(

Check please!

On reflection, that was a pretty crappy threat! :(

I don't know. The only thing that kept me from getting all tingly is the fact that, well, you're a DUDE. Now if you grow some breasts and lose the chest hair ...

As soon as I pick myself off the floor, then have my back checked out since it went out when I fell to the floor laughing so hard....

It's off to the memorable quotes thread with all of this.

icon_204.gif

Ya know, for some reason, I thought you were some old fart and the other I happen to look at your profile and you're only 24!

I thought he was an old guy as well! Then I read some thread about high school kids and he was talking about "a few years ago" or some such.

No I am not an old guy. But I am the youngest of three much older brothers so I have grown up around adults all my life. In general, I am more comfortable around a bunch of 30-40 somethings than most people my age.

EDIT: Who am I kidding I am always comfortable. I just like meeting new people and doing things for fun.

Ya know, for some reason, I thought you were some old fart and the other I happen to look at your profile and you're only 24!
Might I ask what constitutes old? I know I'm there already, but just curious.

FWIW, I thought he was an old guy, too. Nice to find out he's wise beyond his years.

Your name intrigues. I picture a serial killer.:drunk:

I got it from when my friends and I played Duke Nukem 3D. We were using the Simpsons RTS (taunting sound file) and I was thinking I was running around like a homocidal maniac, and I was going to use that, but suddenly then name "Homercidal Maniac" flashed into my head, so I cut it down and now I'm Homercidal.

"Homer no function beer well without!"

My wife hates it. She doesn't want my kids using my own email server because the address has the name in it. I don't want my kids getting emails from people that don't already know me, so I'm fine with it.

I'm NOT Trying to offend anyone here but:
Does anyone else hear "olio" when they read olllllo? My Dad called butter Olio and I never could figure out what the hell he was talking about. Now...I reefer to olllllo as "Jeep Dude" when talking to SWMBO... but I still hear it wrong in my mind.

There are lots of others...but His sticks out in my mind!

This is the funniest thread I've seen in a while. I always think the same thing when I see ollllllo. I did notice that his avatar read beer, though.

Mine comes form a Piers Anthony novel, started using it back in 1995 or so, was my AOL screen name. (I hate AOL now...)

The story is of a somewhat evil computer that is stuck in a magical land called Xanth. My username is slightly mispelled from the one in the novel.

Actually my thing is having mental images of everyone based on their avatars...I mean both you and lauginh gnome have pretty distinctive AV's...in my mind both of you are cartoon characters....

No wonder you looked a little confused for a second when you walked into Dragonmead. ;)

Hmmm...isn't this the way it's supposed to go?

[]-o-[]
°||||°

:D ;)

the "I" is a roman numeral...as in "the first"...please dont say "bree-AH-nee"...i hate that.

Lighten up, brianee...

Mine comes form a Piers Anthony novel, started using it back in 1995 or so, was my AOL screen name. (I hate AOL now...)

The story is of a somewhat evil computer that is stuck in a magical land called Xanth. My username is slightly mispelled from the one in the novel.

I used to LOVE Piers Anthony. I read all the Xanth books up to over a dozen. Is he still writing them? Has he come out with anything good in the last ten years or so?

Oh, and Fingers refers to my other hobby. See profile for more information.

I may as well jump in... no good story, Simpson's tie-in, or sexual innuendo though (god I feel inadequate now) :(

Ex mechanical engineer, r-squared engineering was my old company name. Now doing much "more funner" stuff.

Latest posts

Back