First brew completed!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Selby

Reaction score
My son, Thomas, and I are brewing together. Our first ever batch was this

mmbak.jpg

After a few weeks in the bottles we chilled one and cracked it open together. It really wasn't bad at all. In fact, it was pretty good. We beamed with pride! We brewed beer! :mug:

We have had a few friends try some, and the reviews are positive. In fact, a co-worker wants more (her husband loved the bottle she took home).

We bottled our second batch last night - an Irish Red Ale that already tastes good even before carbonation and conditioning.

We're looking to do 2 more batches this year. We want to try a "traditional American" style, and a holiday brew (pumpkin or chocolate). We'd appreciate some suggestions on these next two brews.

'grats!
and btw, that number 2 wont last long... you'll turn it into at least once every 2 weeks to a month untill your pipe line is full, believe me, i thought the same way... lol

Congratulations! You made beer! One of humanity's greatest achievements ever. People have been making beer since the dawn of our history, and now you are part of that glorious history.

I think all brewers should watch "How Beer Saved the World." It's an inspiring documentary. It's available on YouTube in three parts.

My son, Thomas, and I are brewing together. Our first ever batch was this

mmbak.jpg

After a few weeks in the bottles we chilled one and cracked it open together. It really wasn't bad at all. In fact, it was pretty good. We beamed with pride! We brewed beer! :mug:

We have had a few friends try some, and the reviews are positive. In fact, a co-worker wants more (her husband loved the bottle she took home).

We bottled our second batch last night - an Irish Red Ale that already tastes good even before carbonation and conditioning.

We're looking to do 2 more batches this year. We want to try a "traditional American" style, and a holiday brew (pumpkin or chocolate). We'd appreciate some suggestions on these next two brews.

Congrats. I reccommend the Midwest Pumpkin Ale kit if you want to do a nice seasonal fall beer. I have mine fermenting now, and the wort tasted absolutely glorious. A very easy kit for beginners like us.

LandoLincoln said:
Congratulations! You made beer! One of humanity's greatest achievements ever. People have been making beer since the dawn of our history, and now you are part of that glorious history.

I think all brewers should watch "How Beer Saved the World." It's an inspiring documentary. It's available on YouTube in three parts.

Just finished watching how beer saved the world. Great documentary. I especially like the duck poop beer, lol.

Norther Brewer has a Chocolate Milk Stout that's pretty awesome. Extract kit is available on it. Mine's only been in the keg for a week now and it's already pretty darn good. A few more weeks and it should be spot on. It's a stout that even non-beer people enjoy. My wife even likes it and she mainly drinks woodchuck.

Back