How Many HBT Forum Members Does It Take To Change a Light Bulb?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read before that fluorescent tubes require a starter.

Also, some people use just one light bulb but others say changing it after a week results in more clarity.

Is my thread posting ruined?

I changed my light bulb after 7 days, left it on the counter for 14 days and forgot about it. When I put my light bulb in the bathroom light I thought I smelt something just a little off. Then I remembered I forgot to sanitize my hand when changing it the first time. Is my light bulb ruined? Or should I just RDWCALB?

Wait, we forgot to include an awkwardly large picture of a light bulb.

lightbulb.jpg

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

5 to post photos of lightbulbs that they have changed.

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

2 who will take the photo and photoshop it with different lamp shades so you can see the differences ?

Wait, we forgot to include an awkwardly large picture of a light bulb.

lightbulb.jpg

We also forgot to quote the entire OP and the awkwardly large picture before simply saying:

+1

MOD EDIT: Threads merged.

I am new to this hobby and I am very excited. How do I start?

Can I make a really BRIGHT light bulb if I add more filament than the kit suggests?

thnkxzss

MOD EDIT: Threads merged.

I am new to this hobby and I am very excited. How do I start?

Can I make a really BRIGHT light bulb if I add more filament than the kit suggests?

thnkxzss

Hey! no fair!

:mad:

edit: p.s., sweet I killed it!

Not to mention 8 posts on how one could improve light bulb changing techniques and a 3 page argument/patting on the back for using environmentally friendly light bulbs...

My cousin is allergic to tungsten. I want to make some light bulbs for his wedding. Does anyone have a recipe for tungsten free lightbulbs. They need to be incandescent. Fluorescents will make the bride look green. tnx.

My cousin is allergic to tungsten. I want to make some light bulbs for his wedding. Does anyone have a recipe for tungsten free lightbulbs. They need to be incandescent. Fluorescents will make the bride look green. tnx.

If you add blue light to the last 15 min of the boil you'll get the same radiance without the Tungsten. It will be a little trickier to have incandescent but as long as you bring down the temp quickly by using Nitrogen it should work.

Is it safe to switch all of my lighting fixtures to these

FR3B3MFTWZEP27WB6C.MEDIUM.jpg

or should I wait until my current lights go out? They've been going on and off for years now but I don't want to do it too soon. Is it safe or should I wait?

:off: Sorry to thread hijack, but does anyone here know anything about making beer? I'm thinking of getting into homebrewing and I need advice. Can you recommend a good web site?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

5 to post photos of lightbulbs that they have changed.

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

2 who will take the photo and photoshop it with different lamp shades so you can see the differences ?

Does this really belong in the Drunken Ramblings forum? By the lack of typographical errors and misspelled curse words, I suspect that the OP was COMPLETELY SOBER when he posted this. Please move this to a more relevant forum.

Imbecile!
You don't just brew a light bulb....You CREATE it.

Damn...I bet you just DRIVE you car too don't you.

:eek: Forgive me BK for my unworthiness. I feel I have brought shame to this site of enlightenment and will remove myself from your presence for the appropriate amount of time. :eek:

So I want to get concentrated light by using a lens, Can I just use cheap lumens to make my mixture and then concentrate it? I'm in New Zealand so it's not illegal here...

So I want to get concentrated light by using a lens, Can I just use cheap lumens to make my mixture and then concentrate it? I'm in New Zealand so it's not illegal here...
Sorry, we're all elitist ass c*nts here who are interested in making quality light, not cheap ass hooch bulbs. I suggest you take your underage ass somewhere else.

Some of my friends say that I make better light bulbs than Sylvania or GE.
Has anyone ever made light bulbs for profit?

I'm not interested in getting too big because I don't want to pay taxes.
Do I need to get UL approved?

I don't know why anyone but a total loser would want to use cheap lumens. It just blows my mind that it even would be considered. Shame, shame, shame!

Some of my friends say that I make better light bulbs than Sylvania or GE.
Has anyone ever made light bulbs for profit?

I'm not interested in getting too big because I don't want to pay taxes.
Do I need to get UL approved?

You start trying to make a profit a you'll lose that enjoyment you have in creating a great light bulb. Don't ruin the moment with greed.

Do I need to use glass and tungsten or is there some sort of Dried Light Extract I can use for my first bulb?

I only want people to answer that support my position

or is that too bitingly sarcastic?

Heh, heh. I don't know if anyone noticed but olllllo's avatar text is upside down. It's supposed to say "jeep" but it says "beer". Also his nickname looks like the front grill of a Jeep. I wonder if he realizes. Surely it would be more relevant if it was light bulb related? :tank:

Heh, heh. I don't know if anyone noticed but olllllo's avatar text is upside down. It's supposed to say "jeep" but it says "beer". Also his nickname looks like the front grill of a Jeep. I wonder if he realizes. Surely it would be more relevant if it was light bulb related? :tank:

I suppose that would be plnp?

Back