What parts do I need for a commercial kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shonuff

Reaction score
My friend wants me to build him a kegerator. Since I built my own he thought he would tap into my knowledge. However my knowledge is somewhat limited. For my kegerator I installed a tower with faucets with disconnects for corny kegs.

My friend does not homebrew and will only have commercial kegs in his fridge. He already has an upright fridge and wants one tap coming out the door.

I know I need

-perlick faucets
-the thing that connects from the faucet outside and runs through the door (Is that the shank?)
-Tubing
-commerical keg disconnect (don't know what it's called)
-CO2 tank

Anyone know what else?

That's basically it. The only difference between a homebrew and commercial kegger is the connection to the keg. Instead of individual gas and beer connectors you'd attach both lines to a sanke tap/coupling. Your friend may need more than one since there are slight differences between the majority of U.S. based breweries and imports. I guess it depends on what kind of beer he drinks.

Back