GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheezydemon3 said:
State Of Emergency amazingly original, hyper realistic, high tension, minimal special effect twist on the survival horror genre 5 stars.........dammit........may need to fire up some Resident Evil 4 on the wii ;)

Yes.

Has anyone mentioned the netflix series Orange is the New Black ? Not too bad, got that girl Donna from that 70s show and Jason Biggs. Forget the main characters name. If it was about a men's prison I don't think I could watch.

Has anyone mentioned the netflix series Orange is the New Black ? Not too bad, got that girl Donna from that 70s show and Jason Biggs. Forget the main characters name. If it was about a men's prison I don't think I could watch.

Worth watching?

I'm looking forward to next season. It's pretty good. Mostly funny, and a pretty decent story to follow. Not super hard hitting like sopranos or the wire or even breaking bad, but I think that is overdone nowadays.

ShaineT said:
So I turn on Netflix a couple days ago and Fringe s.5 is on there. I watch the first episode and the next day they've pulled s.5 back off. :?

I was pissed about that

As has been said, Netflix is at the mercy of various dealings, both theirs, their competitors, and suppliers.

for $7.99/month I am happy.

I'm looking forward to next season. It's pretty good. Mostly funny, and a pretty decent story to follow. Not super hard hitting like sopranos or the wire or even breaking bad, but I think that is overdone nowadays.

I wouldn't even compare those shows though. Complete different genres.

Worth watching?

I finished up season one a week or so ago. I'd say it is worth watching. It doesn't have the production value of House of Cards but it does nice job of building up the characters and keeping the plot moving along while jumping into different side stories at times.

Actually the Netflix APP needs some props. Freaking fantastic.

I wish amazon prime had an app.

I suppose you are specifically talking about Roku, here, because I find the ipad app for Netflix really sucks lately (honestly--it keeps getting hung up for no apparent reason and randomly stopping in the middle, etc.), but the Amazon Prime app on ipad has been really solid.

I've actually been watching more stuff on Prime lately just because the app works a lot better and I can watch shows/movies without any of the hiccups I experience every single time I use the Netflix app.

On the other hand, I like the Netflix app on Xbox 360 more than the Prime app--the Prime app actually is in dire need of an update, but I think Microsoft limits those updates or else Amazon fired all the developers or something. It works, but it's clunky and could really use some tweaks to the UI to make it easier to use. The website and the iPad app both work way better.

The thing that is really bizarre, though, is that there is no Amazon Prime app for Android. Not only that; they seem to go out of their way to make sure Android users can't watch Prime via other means. Like, there used to be a way to sideload an app that would let you watch Prime stuff in the browser, but they recently broke that by changing their website. It's kind of strange, especially since the Kindle is an android device under the hood.

Yeah, I meant the netflix app on droid. It is far better than nothing! which is (as you said) what Prime has.

The Netflix and Amazon prime channels on the wii are nothing short of stunning.

Longmire is a pretty good show if you give it more than a couple episodes. The first two weren't great but it improves.

God Bless America has a great premise and some unbelievable one-liners but had a very weak ending. Still worth watching...

Yeah. Just finished 1:18

The first season is like watching paint dry, but it lays the foundation for the long arc so you kinda have to watch it. Season 2 is where it starts to get it's legs under it and then 3 and 4 are fantastic. He rushed the arc to finish in season 4 because they said the show would be cancelled (He wrote the story as a 5 season arc) and then they sprung the 5th season on him after all so he had to try to piece together a plotline from the stuff he cut out of the original season 4-5 story. So, season 5 is a bit shaky again, but gives some level of closure on a few plot points.

cheezydemon3 said:
I watched 4 episodes of House of Cards straight. Fantastic.

Meh, I guess I'm just not interested in political dramas or Kevin spacey's terrible accent.

Weeds seems OK. House of cards continues to deliver. I have heard that Tudors is good, Hell on wheels is too. Alphas is ok, heroes was great and kept my interest for 3 seasons, then it evidently craps out.

Showed a friend episode 12 of BSG........holy crap that is good fracking tv....nearly gave me the bug to watch it again.;)

Back