GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
watched every episode of "the mind of a chef" over the weekend. .makes me wish they still had No Reservations on that ****

I've not seen Glee, but to my understanding it's about a group of commandos that ripped off a bank in Nam and now travel the country solving problems with firearms where no one dies.

Are we talking about that Glee?

TxBrew said:
I've not seen Glee, but to my understanding it's about a group of commandos that ripped off a bank in Nam and now travel the country solving problems with firearms where no one dies.

I believe you are thinking of Dark Angel.

The movie TX is talking about is Good Burger.

thoroughly silly but well done kids movie with an academy award winning performance from Sinbad.

I need a new series. Suggestions?

Ripper Street and Copper (both very good post-civil war era police dramas, one in London one in NYC)

Peep Show (wicked dark humor)

Jack Taylor (pretty good and sometimes funny ex-cop sometimes drunk turned detective in Galway)

Wallander (both the English language series with Kenneth Branaugh or the original Swedish series are excellent)

Sherlock (awesome)

If you've never seen the old Showtime series Brotherhood it is worth watching imo.

I agree that the English Sherlock was surprisingly entertaining; many times better than the new Lucy Lu version.
Each episode is like its own movie (1.5 hours) and keeps closely to the spirit of the original books/stories.

Just finished watching Long Way Round. That was pretty sweet. Will have to also watch the Long Way Down though I heard it wasn't nearly as good.

Just finished watching Long Way Round. That was pretty sweet. Will have to also watch the Long Way Down though I heard it wasn't nearly as good.

Round is much much better and if you don't feel like immediately going out an buying a BMW gs you missed something. The book is way better than the series and KTM destroys BMW and they should have sponsored them.... oh well

I saw Dredd. Awesome.

And Nicholas Cage is a fantastic actor, AND so is Sinbad, AND good Burger is one of the top 3 films of all time.

Lol.

I'll check it out.

It's always Sunny in Philadelphia
is HILARIOUS.

I almost peed my pants during episode 2.

For some reason I thought this was a different show and so never watched it.

Listening to B.A and Murdock do a duet of dream on is worth subscribing to Netflix. Or I should quit watching tv at 3 in the morning

Also I need to learn how to use this better

Sunny is amazing. it really hits its stride season 2 JMO. I've been watching classic Bond films. Super enjoyable

I offer you an apology. I was happier when Netflix had only 1 season of Ugly Americans.

Season 2 is unwatchable :(

Taken as a whole, your Archer argument wins.

I still submit that season 1 of Ugly Americans beats any season of Archer though ;)

And Nicholas Cage is a fantastic actor, AND so is Sinbad, AND good Burger is one of the top 3 films of all time.

Lol.

I'll check it out.

is HILARIOUS.

Dude....you're just now watching that show???

Sooo funny. I went to high school with Sweet Dee.

Lol.

I'll check it out.

is HILARIOUS.

You said that not me. It's in your quote.

Fact.

THE 3 GREATEST MOVIES.

I could take another 3 hours and find your Nicholas Cage evidence, but I won't.

TxBrew never says Nicholas Cage is the greatest actor ever in this thread or on HBT. The closest he gets is in your thread about Kick-Ass where he says:

As far as recent Nick Cage movies go I thought it was one of the better ones.

I like him. Sure wish he would go less crazy.

Hmph hmph.....you are WRONG wierdboy.

It was in reference to GHOST RIDER. You trust the abysmal search function and your weak memory enough to CALL ME OUT????

I saw a few people saying Longmire was between watchable and pretty good. If season 1 wasn't your fancy, wait it out until season two, it gets much much better.

OK, so find the evidence and prove me wrong, and I will humbly dine on crow.

As I said, I am not gonna waste my time doing that.

I was not saying that TX has bad taste, just that he sometimes effs with us ;)

DREDD in the end, was an Action film's action film.

It was 850 times better than the Sylvester Stallone/Wessley Snipes disaster, but it lacked depth.

90% action sequences, 10% drug induced slomos.

I enjoyed it, but 0% character development gets old over 90 minutes.

watched every episode of "the mind of a chef" over the weekend. .makes me wish they still had No Reservations on that ****

First post since the last time I've checked this thread. I'm watching the first episode now and it's great. I can't believe they don't have No Reservations anymore.

First post since the last time I've checked this thread. I'm watching the first episode now and it's great. I can't believe they don't have No Reservations anymore.

It may be on Prime. I have both, so nothing phases me too much.

They dropped Ugly Americans just as season 2 became available.....

This would have pissed me off, but it got yanked to be put on prime......and season 2 SUCKS :(

Cheezy - I think I've seen here that you have a Roku box. How do you like it?

I'm asking because I'm probably going to replace my 6 year tiny ass (think Miley Cyrus sized) TV with a 55" that's on sale for Labor Day this evening. The difference between the 55" that I'm looking at and the same exact model but with "smart" features is over $300. I'm thinking that a $60 Roku box would do the same job. Your thoughts?

We were in the same boat you are. We went with the non smart tv and bought a samsung/blue ray dvd combo from Costco for $90. Make sure you buy the one that has wifi.

Now we have smart tv and dvd watching capabilities.

Cheezy - I think I've seen here that you have a Roku box. How do you like it?

I'm asking because I'm probably going to replace my 6 year tiny ass (think Miley Cyrus sized) TV with a 55" that's on sale for Labor Day this evening. The difference between the 55" that I'm looking at and the same exact model but with "smart" features is over $300. I'm thinking that a $60 Roku box would do the same job. Your thoughts?

I love it. It is so simple. New "channels" pop up everyday and there is NO monthly charge. Fantastic interface and appearance. (for a non wii electronic)

It loads amazingly fast for something the size of your wallet, occasionally there a tiny bit of lag. I am NOT HD yet (and I am fighting like hell to NOt go there) so I can't speak about that.

It is so damned cheap, I think I would own one even if I still had cable.

It may be on Prime. I have both, so nothing phases me too much.

They dropped Ugly Americans just as season 2 became available.....

This would have pissed me off, but it got yanked to be put on prime......and season 2 SUCKS :(

I agree. I thought it was worse then Season 1. Hopefully that show doesn't go downhill. I like it too much :/

I agree. I thought it was worse then Season 1. Hopefully that show doesn't go downhill. I like it too much :/

Season 1 is FLAWLESS. Every episode is as shocking as southpark, and funnier than Archer. WHT HAPPENED?

All I can say about season 2 is SUCK MY BALLS!

(so many classic moments from season 1 :()

Cheezy / flipfloptan - Thanks for the heads up and confirming what I had hoped. I'm kind of old school when it comes with technology and would rather invest in a Roku box or blue ray / DVD player than spend a lot more money on "smart" features that I'll likely never fully use and would obsolete in a few years anyway. My main driver was HBO Go as it's not supported on PS3 - Get your **** together Sony, or I won't be buying a PS4.

Cheezy / flipfloptan - Thanks for the heads up and confirming what I had hoped. I'm kind of old school when it comes with technology and would rather invest in a Roku box or blue ray / DVD player than spend a lot more money on "smart" features that I'll likely never fully use and would obsolete in a few years anyway. My main driver was HBO Go as it's not supported on PS3 - Get your **** together Sony, or I won't be buying a PS4.

You should double-check on HBO Go support. I had read some stuff saying that for certain services (e.g. DirecTV), HBO won't authenticate Roku users, making it completely useless.

Back