GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you like anime FMA Brotherhood has new episodes.

I cancelled NetFlix yesterday....I've been using Amazon Prime and since picking up the HBO/Cinimax package from Time Warner, haven't used it in months. Fired it up right before I cancelled, and there wasn't much (if anything) to keep my attention or at least compete with Amazon Prime. I'd consider picking up NetFlix again if they could add more recent and popular movies on streaming. I did enjoy some of the original NetFlix shows, but ultimately not worth the $6.99 a month (IMO).

Kind of interesting how different everyone is. I hardly ever watch cable. I only keep it because the kids like the Nick channels. Even when I get the free 3 months of premium channels, we only watch 1 or 2 shows before they expire. The last time DirecTV offered it, I told them not to bother. It's not worth the hassle of having to call and cancel them.

On the other hand, I watch something on Netflix nearly every day.

Kind of interesting how different everyone is. I hardly ever watch cable. I only keep it because the kids like the Nick channels. Even when I get the free 3 months of premium channels, we only watch 1 or 2 shows before they expire. The last time DirecTV offered it, I told them not to bother. It's not worth the hassle of having to call and cancel them.

On the other hand, I watch something on Netflix nearly every day.

I got rid of cable because Netflix is so awesome.

I cancelled NetFlix yesterday....I've been using Amazon Prime and since picking up the HBO/Cinimax package from Time Warner, haven't used it in months. Fired it up right before I cancelled, and there wasn't much (if anything) to keep my attention or at least compete with Amazon Prime. I'd consider picking up NetFlix again if they could add more recent and popular movies on streaming. I did enjoy some of the original NetFlix shows, but ultimately not worth the $6.99 a month (IMO).

Prime has been getting better, but Netflix is still king.

I wouldn't subscribe to the Goat Castrator channel on Roku just because it is only 6.99/month, but I would if I watched it 6 times a month.

Recent and popular are not Netflix.

Each of the services has it's focus. Amazon is better for movies. Netflix is better for past seasons of TV shows. Hulu is better for current shows.

For those that watch Netflix on the computer if add this extension hola.org/ and then this script for it you can change the country's netflix you see and get a wider selection.

one note about it the other countries dont have instant queue and in order to use it for US netflix you just need to turn it off. I have been using it for about 2 weeks and no big issue. Really the only issue was that for a day or so it wasnt working but could turn it off and go back to normal and still watch netflix

Also a show i recently watched and was impressed with was The Killing would recommend it without a second thought.

I found the first half of the first episode a tad slow but after that the show picked up and wow what a show

Also a show i recently watched and was impressed with was The Killing would recommend it without a second thought.

I found the first half of the first episode a tad slow but after that the show picked up and wow what a show

I love that show. Season three is on TV right now and is awesome as well.

I love that show. Season three is on TV right now and is awesome as well.

yes i love the show too.

i caught up with the show using the extension i posted early since its on netflix next day for england and ireland.

Took me a while to really get into this seasons case like i did the original, but after last weeks episode ( or maybe the one before, the one where Holder gets really upset) hooked me into the case close to the first one.

In the first season some of the scenes with the family, wow, they sure did a good job with those and being able to pull at some emotions.

Oh yeah. I agree, first and second season really does a great job showing the pain of the family, the detectives, and the political parties. I love how all the view points flow together and create one murder case. The current case has me very interested and I hate how they aren't all on Netflix. I can't stay up all night, addicted to the case just like Holder and Linden, watching all the episodes. Really good show. All AMC shows are great. Been watching Mad Men from day 1. Favorite show. Hells on Wheels is my new show I've been getting into, pretty good show indeed.

I agree AMC has some really good shows. Over a year ago I watched Mad Men on Netflix and have been keeping up with it ever since. I've seen parts of Hells on Wheels but didn't really get into it, but I think that was due to being mid season and having no clue what was going on. It does seem like something I might like. I also really like Breaking Bad. One show that a lot seem to like and I'm not crazy bout is Walking Dead. Really liked the first season of it but have yet to finish the second season

I'm almost through season 2 of Walking Dead. Awesome show.

t+dog+and+doll+.jpg

not sure if I made it half way thru I intend to get back to watching it but just haven't gotten around to it

Season 2 of Hell on Wheels. Season one was strange, but it's gone off the deep end.

OK, here is something I have not yet seen listed. Brick. Its... an indie/high school film/noir type movie. The dialogue is reminiscent of the classic pulp Humphrey Bogart detective style, and in my opinion worked pretty well. Definitely not what you are used to and may be a little too 'smart' for some but all in all worth a watch if you are in an adventurous movie mood.

Warning, not a comedy, no nudity, and not for watching while under the influence of too many homebrews. Still for a drama is rather solid.

Here is a movie that really wowed me, ""Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" Wasn't expecting much, and was pleasantly surprised.

Adventure Time and Regular Show are AMAZING cartoon hilarity. Pushed the boundaries of how awesome animation can be for me.

Adventure Time and Regular Show are AMAZING cartoon hilarity. Pushed the boundaries of how awesome animation can be for me.

The Door Lord episode of Adventure Time (Jake: "You guys forgot about the music"), and The Regular Show episode where Pops gets wacky on the donuts...best episodes ever!!!

Love the AT episodes where Marceline sings.

So I turn on Netflix a couple days ago and Fringe s.5 is on there. I watch the first episode and the next day they've pulled s.5 back off. :?

State Of Emergency amazingly original, hyper realistic, high tension, minimal special effect twist on the survival horror genre 5 stars.........dammit........may need to fire up some Resident Evil 4 on the wii ;)

hmmmm interesting, may checking that out now..

watched American Horror Story...was fairly meh.. watchable.. and the maid is smoking..

Latest posts

Back