GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone seen this show?

image-189976911.jpg

Yes. If you haven't seen Battlestar Galactica (the new one), it is very good. Just watch the first episode, and if you're not hooked at that point, then maybe you don't need to watch any more.

Yes. If you haven't seen Battlestar Galactica (the new one), it is very good. Just watch the first episode, and if you're not hooked at that point, then maybe you don't need to watch any more.

I'll take that a bit farther. Episode 12 season 1 is my favorite episode of any TV ever.

If episode 1 doesn't completely sell you.......oh never mind. If that hot cylon killing the baby doesn't rivet you to your seat, you have no pulse.

I'll take that a bit farther. Episode 12 season 1 is my favorite episode of any TV ever.

If episode 1 doesn't completely sell you.......oh never mind. If that hot cylon killing the baby doesn't rivet you to your seat, you have no pulse.

I have no pulse. I tried to get into the show but just couldn't.

The Cylons are coming we better jump. Okay we jumped. The Cylons are coming we better jump. Okay we jumped.

I think I made it to around episode six or seven before just giving up because I was bored with the plot. Maybe a rainy day I need to give it a go to get to episode 12.

What ever happened to that spin-off they were going to do with BSG? It was supposed to be set when the cylons were created or something, that's all I remember.

It may have been mentioned before, but Archer is a great comedy (imho) that's available on Netflix streaming.

I have no pulse. I tried to get into the show but just couldn't.

The Cylons are coming we better jump. Okay we jumped. The Cylons are coming we better jump. Okay we jumped.

I think I made it to around episode six or seven before just giving up because I was bored with the plot. Maybe a rainy day I need to give it a go to get to episode 12.

No worries! Most likely you have a pulse.
Hmmm...it might not be for you. As I have insinuated....episode 12 is when I stood up, thanked the fracking gods, crapped my pants and asked a cylon to marry me.

No worries! Most likely you have a pulse.
Hmmm...it might not be for you. As I have insinuated....episode 12 is when I stood up, thanked the fracking gods, crapped my pants and asked a cylon to marry me.

I irritate the hell out of my wife when I see an actor/actress from BSG on a totally different show and yell out loud, "Look out!! He/She is a damn cyclon!!". Also Katee Sackhoff...:mug:

What ever happened to that spin-off they were going to do with BSG? It was supposed to be set when the cylons were created or something, that's all I remember.

It may have been mentioned before, but Archer is a great comedy (imho) that's available on Netflix streaming.

Caprica is on there and is AWESOME. It unfortunately didn't get finished, but it wraps up somewhat. Awesome in a TOTALLY different way than BSG. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Archer is fantastic....

"If I wanted a grandchild I'd scrape together all of your previous mishaps and knit a onesie for it"

(Ms Archer)

EFFING CLASSIC.

Caprica is on there and is AWESOME. It unfortunately didn't get finished, but it wraps up somewhat. Awesome in a TOTALLY different way than BSG. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Archer is fantastic....

"If I wanted a grandchild I'd scrape together all of your previous mishaps and knit a onesie for it"

(Ms Archer)

EFFING CLASSIC.

Don't forget Blood and Chrome! Not another series, but a one-off movie. I REALLY need to remember to sit down with the wife this weekend and check it out.

Don't forget Blood and Chrome! Not another series, but a one-off movie. I REALLY need to remember to sit down with the wife this weekend and check it out.

Also not on Netflix! Watch that OT talk or a mod will show up. ;)

Blood and chrome was awesome, but as a purist, I am not now sure how cylons made the leap from the relatively bad ass ones in Caprica, to the totally bad ass ones in BSG, with a stop in Blood and Chrome, where they are like fat apes...(scary to be sure, but from sleek and bad ass to fat and scary to sleek and bad ass and.....sleek and sexy;) doesn't seem linear)

Also not on Netflix! Watch that OT talk or a mod will show up. ;)

Blood and chrome was awesome, but as a purist, I am not now sure how cylons made the leap from the relatively bad ass ones in Caprica, to the totally bad ass ones in BSG, with a stop in Blood and Chrome, where they are like fat apes...(scary to be sure, but from sleek and bad ass to fat and scary to sleek and bad ass and.....sleek and sexy;) doesn't seem linear)

Hmm...I like my Cylons sexy. The cheesy 70's versions are relatively boring.

It's called Caprica. It was cancelled after one season, or actually half a season--partly because the story got a little off-track (it did come around again, though) and also because the SF channel couldn't figure out how to schedule it, to the point where my DVR was often confused about when it was actually airing because they kept changing the air time at the last minute.

All the episodes are on Netflix.

Archer is fantastic....

(Ms Archer)

EFFING CLASSIC.

It's called Caprica. It was cancelled after one season, or actually half a season--partly because the story got a little off-track (it did come around again, though) and also because the SF channel couldn't figure out how to schedule it, to the point where my DVR was often confused about when it was actually airing because they kept changing the air time at the last minute.

All the episodes are on Netflix.

Thanks folks I'll give it a try. Anything in the BSG universe is at least worth an honest attempt :mug:

I totally agree that Caprica was surprisingly well done. It's only one season but it sheds light on the overall story that only improves the understanding of the Cylons and why they attacked

Portlandia, Brunch Special with Bobby Flay.

Why isn't every episode of Iron Chef both original and america on Netflix? My already unproductive existence would become but a sad tribute to the chairman.

Speaking of horrible TV shows. :D

Ok. Bad choice in words. But saying I was pleasantly surprised is a little too subdued for how happy I was to find it in the list.

Now now. Those half brained singing kids don't own that word.......do they?

If so, "Glee" and "Serpent and the rainbow" shouldn't be in the same sentence..

Good point. I still stand by the Serpent and the Rainbow. That is a solid movie that everyone should see.

Back