How to use CBC-1 Yeast when bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derek8307

Reaction score
I have a couple of brews that may take much longer to carbonate or not at all, due to the high ABV, 13% barleywine, and 12% RIS

Picked up some CBC-1 but I want to do everything I can to avoid bombs, so what is the safest way to ensure these carb properly using this yeast?

Is it really just dependent on the amount of sugar? Or do I need to be careful how much yeast I use?

I use it for my big beers also. You could split the pack in half, and use it for both batches, assuming they're both 5 gallons.

Adding more yeast has nothing to do with bottle bombs. If your original yeast is done fermenting, then there's nothing left to ferment. CBC-1 isn't some super yeast that's going to devour unfermentables. It's going to consume the corn sugar that you added at bottling time.

On bottling day, I just rehydrate and add to the bottling bucket before adding the beer. I've even rehydrated in the corn sugar solution with no issues.

Just the answer I was needing, I wasn't sure of the effects and didn't want to end up with any bottle bombs. I have far less worry now. Thanks!

Back