Sprinkling in Bottle Conditioning Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRJHops

Why did the rabbit like NEIPA's so much?
Reaction score
Has anyone just sprinkled a bit of CBC-1 into each bottle for bottling conditioning? Should I use 2-3 granules for a 12 ouncer and twice that for a bomber?

I bottle right from primary. I usually don't need bottling yeast, but I have a Quad coming up that will need some extra yeast at bottling. In the past I have rehydrated the CBC-1 and tried to figure out how much of the resulting slurry to put into each bottle (it's usually around 5 mls). But it's kind of pain to rehydrate and then dose each bottle, and I don't really want that extra bit of water in each bottle anyway.

I know in theory that it should not matter how much yeast I add to the bottle (the sugar will also be added), but I don't really want to add way too much yeast to each bottle.

P.S. Lallemand (or someone else) should invent bottle conditioning yeast tablets!

Will need? Or could use due to an abundance of caution?
Will likely need.... I've had big beers that never carbed up enough.

I actually might dose half the bottles with the bottling yeast and leave it out for the other half - and see how they age.

Back