Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a question for anyone with the enclosed, coffin style builds. If you're freezer had the front temperature dial, do you just set it to a known setting? Curious since it gets covered up in the process and hope one of you fine people could help me out!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=249612

Check this thread out. Super easy. Once it's dialed in, go ahead and cover it up.

Here's mine...
0by2a5Q.jpg

Mr50SGK.jpg

Thanks for your posts! I've been doing a ton of research on a conversion fridge in the 4.4 cu range and haven't found "the one" yet. Any suggestions as far as brand/model

I have an Igloo 4.4 at work that looks like it would make a good project,
But one of my kegerators I made at home is from a Dynasty mini fridge from a garage sale, you can check out my you tube video about how I made it. Here's the link,
Making a kegerator from a Dynasty mini fridge: http://youtu.be/fXpkoAI4DA8

Thanks for the vid Arty76, I've spent about two days researching, reading and watching videos (yours was VERY helpful) on conversions and DIY projects. Thus far, I'm leaning towards buying a kegerator. I feel very confident in a build, but still haven't had any luck finding a fridge I'd like to convert.

Thanks for the vid Arty76, I've spent about two days researching, reading and watching videos (yours was VERY helpful) on conversions and DIY projects. Thus far, I'm leaning towards buying a kegerator. I feel very confident in a build, but still haven't had any luck finding a fridge I'd like to convert.

I don't know if its still in sale but both home depot and lowes had a sanke kegerator for around 380 bucks.

Thanks

Inside, finally color coded each end of my out lines, coiled and zip tied in/out in hopes to make swapping kegs less of a hassle. It also doubles as my fermentation chamber from time to time.

10906186_10153523858483662_4816161147171860258_n.jpg

Looks great. What kind of treatment did you do to the front?
Thank you! It's Red Oak. I used Watco Danish Oil (Red Mahogany) and wet sanded the oil/stain to fill in the large Oak grain pores. Then multiple layers of oil/stain (3 I think). After thorough drying, I used a furniture wax (Minwax) for the final coat. Turned out great. Not bad for my first official adventure into wood finishing. :)

i finally put the money and time together to build a kegerator. i am very happy with it overall. it is based around a kitchenaid KURS (kurs24rsbs) undercounter mini fridge that i bought on craigslist. the top is edge-glued aspen from lowe's. i doubled the thickness of the board to allow for the drip tray plus to make room for the fridge door hinge. the kegerator top is affixed with l-brackets that i recessed into the bottom of the wood counter. i pulled the rails and drip tray from a broken beverage-air kegerator. it holds two five gallon kegs, one three gallon, and a co2 tank.

vQHXifk.jpg

TSdoLvK.jpg

Edit: I posted the above immediately after building the thing. It wasn't long before I noticed a foaming problem because of the temperature differential in the tower (much like many others have identified). A great thing about this particular minifridge is that is is a legit fridge with an evaporator fan, etc. So unlike most minifridges, this one has a fan circulating air when the compressor kicks on. So rather than add a cooling fan, I simply took advantage of the existing fan. I felt around on the back panel for a place with nice airflow, drilled a 1" hole through the plastic rear covering, and inserted one end of my flexible tubing in that hole as a means of securing it (perhaps it could be taped instead) to the back panel and after confirming some airflox through the tube (not much really), I pushed the other end up into the tower. This simple change has made a world of difference, eliminated the foaming problem, and really turned this into a first-class kegerator.

OYHs73x.jpg

You can see the white flexible tubing (just barely) towards the top of this picture. You can also see how I fit a 5lb co2 tank, two five gallon, and one three gallon keg in here.

If you happen upon a KURS kitchen aid undercounter fridge, it can be made into a truly amazing kegerator. Mine is the only conversion of this model i've seen, probably because it retails for just north of $1,000 (mine was a craigslist score at less than 10% of that price).

Did my first keg tonight (well, about 30 minutes ago). Have #2 fermenting right now (cider). Trying to get everything done for the Super Bowl party.

Ended up building a new back counter to sit next to the kegerator that matched the main bar I had built a few years back. Have some finish work to do on it, but it's getting there. At least the kegerator is done! Please excuse all the fingerprints on the chalkboard. I got a bit grabby tonight.

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2351.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2341.jpg

This is my version 1 Kegerator. After completing the first tap, my wife revealed to me that she is pregnant. As a result, I added a second tap for soda haha. I intend on continuing to modify this setup as time progresses. I would add pictures of my internal setup but I am embarrassed of the small amount of beer that is currently in it.

IMG_2241.jpg

This is my version 1 Kegerator. After completing the first tap, my wife revealed to me that she is pregnant. As a result, I added a second tap for soda haha. I intend on continuing to modify this setup as time progresses. I would add pictures of my internal setup but I am embarrassed of the small amount of beer that is currently in it.

Congratulations! And nice kegerator.

Mine isn't completely done, however it's really coming along! I just need to modify a rack to allow the co2 canister to sit on the hump and slap a small sticker on the front window. This kegerator is based on a QBD beverage cooler with 3 windows! It comes with a discrete evaporator coil, discrete evaporator fan, and enormous condenser. Weighs close to 200 lbs. The fridge will cool to 0 degrees at setting 4/9 so I may need to buy a different cold control lol. I bought the fridge itself for $75 on Craigslist from an oil rig worker.

Kegerator_with_tower.jpg

Before:

diagonalsmalledited.jpg

My 12 cu ft Keezer, looking to add taps already. Completely untouched freezer, not a single hole drilled into it. Everything is resting on each other or like the drip tray held on by magnets.

2015-02-01_16.23.52.jpg

PART_1422851726182_20150201_164252.jpg

PART_1422851713217_20150201_164649.jpg

I hope I'm worthy to add my pics.........

20150131_142036_zps8k5hka3a.jpg

20150131_211558_zpsomfysp8h.jpg

20150131_211618_zpsvayzryf6.jpg

I know it sticks out past the back wall a bit, but I still have to build my back bar, so I'll adjust for that to have room.

Nothing like most of the setups here I've seen (and drooled over), but I like it for my needs. Thanks to those on this sight for all the help and guidance. :tank:

Yea I really like that idea for easy access! My only concern is the lack of insulation on that side.

I've got some pink insulating board I'm going to use for the inside of the lid.

This was originally going to be a 5 tap Irish coffin, but I never could get good quality time to build one, so I just made enough time one Saturday to throw what I had done together. I wanted to get something up and running as I got tired of pulling the old keezer out from the wall to keep the tap tower from hitting it when changing kegs.

EDIT: Oh, thanks for all the comments gang. Appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back