Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My current build, still in the shop in this photo. It is a used 4.4 which I painted black. The wood top was built by me. It is oak and walnut. Single draft, 2.5 inch tower. It's plumbed with a nitro regulator, but I put the other faucet on just to have something to look at for the photos.

Kegerator_zpsvuplmhjp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

another boring one for this thread....does the trick. only my 2nd half keg of micro brew through it and already wishing I had a selection of brews.. someday hopeffully..

iI5iJkc.jpg

gi23LNo.jpg

BztCiWs.jpg

I just built my tower. I used the Perlick adjustable flow faucets and I'd never use anything else. No worries about line length, first beer foam and I like to brew Belgian beers so with my Saul regulator I charge them up to 20 pounds while my others are around 12. Now the Belgian beer doesn't come shooting out of the faucet. Perfect pours every time. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426559500.015323.jpg

Yesterday, I finally joined the club!! :ban:

Been working on this coffin top build since the end of December (yes I'm a slow weekend worrier). Still have a few odds and ends to finish up but it's functional and pouring beer!

I'll post additional photos to my build thread later but couldn't wait to share her with the HBT community... :mug:

Rt Frt Full closed.jpg

Rt Frt Closed.jpg

Rt Frt Open.jpg

Lt Rear Closed.jpg

Those faucets work great. Just curious as to why you're hiding the nice looking taps. Do you lock it up so "undesirables" can't get to the beer supply?

Those faucets work great. Just curious as to why you're hiding the nice looking taps. Do you lock it up so "undesirables" can't get to the beer supply?

Yep. The faucets are great.

But instead of thinking about it as hiding nice looking taps which I can look at anytime I want, I prefer to think of it as displaying some beautiful curly cherry and some awesome craftsmanship! ;)

Besides, it's never a bad idea to lock up your guns and your beer...

:mug:

It's very nice. I thought that maybe you had some thirsty people you were trying to keep out. My neighbor had thought he was consuming more beer than he should till he found out his son was "sampling". He disconnects the lines and locks the keezer when not in use now.

now that i am not lurking anymore and i just finished the big one guess ill post up

What are you thinking? If you put the gas cylinders and the regulators outside, you could fit three more kegs!!! What a half assed job.

Seriously sir, You have built the rig we all wished we had. I salute you!

Today I finally finished mine. Its my... 4th kegerator over the past 7 years, and has been 5 years in the making (yes, I went through 3 in 2 years. I can't find them in this thread, but a fridge from the 50's I got for free or cheap and drilled the door, a keezer with a PVC tower, and a full size 4- half barrel BevAir fridge that I got for dirt cheap, damaged while moving, removed the tower and taps from, and then sold for more than I paid for it on CL.)

Anyway, this is a 5 cubic foot Avanti that appears to have a short run in the world, and limited popularity. Best part about it was no freezer to deal with. All I had to do was remove the shelves from the door.... then it took me another 3 years to get around to getting a piece of metal to back fill the door, and put casters on it. Fits 3 3-gallon pinlocks (or 2-5 gallons and a 3-gallon)

2eFfQyv.jpg

88yd5EX.jpg

eQ3fV8K.jpg

30rArsx.jpg

L7qwTCX.jpg

my $50 CL freezer, turned keezer. the guy I bought it from started the stickers, I've just been adding to it.

the collar is waterlox'd cherry, with some foam insulation on the inside. my drip tray is a temporary solution until I find some stronger magnets to stick the metal one I have on the side.

IMG_20150409_115745_910_zpsfbtqdxqq.jpg

Thanks! It was just a basic design. The hardest part was figuring out how to mount a drip tray. I wanted to be able to remove it to clean and these magnets with the holes in them is what I came up with.

Does anyone know what kind of liquid chalk markers will work with chalkboard paint?

Nothing too special here, but I'm thinking about getting a 19x4" drip tray and cutting the top of the keezer so that it'll fit flush. I was thinking about a drain, but not sure if it's worth it or if I should just stick with dumping the tray. If I do go with a drain, would it be best to drain into the keezer somewhere?

IMG_3428.jpg

I didn't really want a drain but when I ordered my tray I inadvertently clicked on the one with a drain - now I'm super stoked I have it. It's nice not having to worry about having to empty it out every time you spill a little beer. Mine is on the front of a fridge conversion and just drains into a large mouth jar sitting on an inside shelf.

Latest posts

Back