Longest bar in the world

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
And the crappiest!!!

OK, it's not even the longest bar in the world any more (If it ever was in the first place)

Put-in-Bay in Lake erie there is a bar called the Beer Barrel. After giving you that name, I'v deliberately I've forgotten it in case I forget how to masturbate if my brain gets too full.....

Anyways.....This bar, in lake masturbation, longest ****ing bar in the world. Yeah! I mean, it's all built like a squeezebox. Sure, the customer side is long, but it's way easy for the staff to get from point A to point B with no problem at all! It's just us drunks that have to walk a long way!! ....Hell, If i'm at the "Longest bar in the world", I want it to be in a straight ****ing line! I want to see barmaids getting on a scooter just to get to the other end!!!

Anyway, that is not my real problem with this crappy bar.....I wander up, strap myself to the largest inaminate object I can find looking forward to a good time, and look around.... I see a few hokey fake barrels with some taps attached and drip trays underneath, so I ask the bar guy what he has on draught. "Nothing" He says with genuine pride and smile on his face. "All OUR beer is in cans!"......I felt the excitement and anticipation of a good time turning into extreme disappointment. "Cans?" I asked? "that is all you sell?" ......."No! We have peanuts as well!"

Well, that's it really, they had peanuts as well.

Also, if you are ever in Put -In-bay, don't bother with their micro brewery either. The barmaid is clearly retarded, and thier stout is taking lessons from her. :(

And the crappiest!!!

OK, it's not even the longest bar in the world any more (If it ever was in the first place)

Well, that's it really, they had peanuts as well.

Also, if you are ever in Put -In-bay, don't bother with their micro brewery either. The barmaid is clearly retarded, and thier stout is taking lessons from her. :(

You know, if you were druck, and this was less grammatical, it might almost be as funny as the "code monkeys" thread...:D

I wonder if they'd sell you thier clearly useless tap setups. I mean, with canned beer, they're not using them anyway.

I recall a time and place where draft beer was the cheapest option available. Bottle of Bud? What, yer uncle die and leave you an inheritance? Rich prick.

I can see an evolutionary path that would bring us a beer bar proud to serve no draft beer is my point.

So where is the 'real' longest bar in the world? (straight-line variety, of course)
I need somewhere to go on vacation. :cross:

that reminds me of a place that I played at the other night. It was a steakhouse that had a bar attached. In Paris, Illinois. A place called Maxwells, I think. Had dinner at the steakhouse before the show which was at the bar attached to the steakhouse. The bar was the biggest freaking dive I've been in in a long time. No taps, all cans. No service. It smelled like a bikers armpit! I was amazed how it stayed open while connected to this classy place. :(

That's weird. On their website they state: "[T]he Beer Barrel boasts a 405 foot, 10 inch long bar, 160 bar stools, 56 beer taps and a seating capacity of 1,200. On a busy night the bar employs over 20 bartenders and opens two extra bars in the back and side of the building."

So those are 56 fake taps???

That's weird. On their website they state: "[T]he Beer Barrel boasts a 405 foot, 10 inch long bar, 160 bar stools, 56 beer taps and a seating capacity of 1,200. On a busy night the bar employs over 20 bartenders and opens two extra bars in the back and side of the building."

So those are 56 fake taps???

Why the fake taps? I dunno! I was there about 7/8 years ago and too busy shooting the moon at everyone to notice good beer......I'm a reformed character now! :)

I think they had peanuts in those days too though. :)

I've been to Put-in-Bay several times. The town is primarily a college party town during the summer and I didn't really find any place that served a decent drink. The beer at the Put-in-Bay Brewery was horrible though the food was good. When I was there the Beer Barrel did at least serve Commodore Perry (IPA from Great Lakes Brewery) though the rest of the fare was BMC.

What we liked to do on the island was get bikes or a golf cart and go down to the winery on the island. The wine wasn't good but my wife likes it and its cheap. You can have a picnic outside on a table with a couple bottles of wine then wander around the island half lit on bikes or the cart. I guess we just like the environment much better than crowded bars.

Craig

I've been to Put-in-Bay several times. The town is primarily a college party town during the summer and I didn't really find any place that served a decent drink. The beer at the Put-in-Bay Brewery was horrible though the food was good. When I was there the Beer Barrel did at least serve Commodore Perry (IPA from Great Lakes Brewery) though the rest of the fare was BMC.

What we liked to do on the island was get bikes or a golf cart and go down to the winery on the island. The wine wasn't good but my wife likes it and its cheap. You can have a picnic outside on a table with a couple bottles of wine then wander around the island half lit on bikes or the cart. I guess we just like the environment much better than crowded bars.

Craig

You are exactly right. Hey, I will be going back there, there is a good atmosphere......But when I go back again I will have no illusions! ;)

And yes the wine sucks as much as the beer! It all sucks!! Doesn't mean you can't have a good time! Just leave your opinions at the door. I know I will ............next time. :)

OhioBrit, I'm beginning to wonder if you need to be on some kind of medication. Your rants are always frothing, yet inconsequential. Like a rabid lapdog stuck in an overpriced SUV. Also like the lapdog, frigging goddamn hilarious. Don't ever change, or I will slap you in the face with a large trout.

Latest posts

Back