Member Names!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKahuna

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm NOT Trying to offend anyone here but:
Does anyone else hear "olio" when they read olllllo? My Dad called butter Olio and I never could figure out what the hell he was talking about. Now...I reefer to olllllo as "Jeep Dude" when talking to SWMBO... but I still hear it wrong in my mind.

There are lots of others...but His sticks out in my mind!

It took me forever....and I mean FOREVER! to realise that ollllllo was a jeep reference! I understand it now and realise I was stupid.........I was stupid, let's just leave it at that ;)

It took me forever....and I mean FOREVER! to realise that ollllllo was a jeep reference! I understand it now and realise I was stupid.........I was stupid, let's just leave it at that ;)

Yeah me too actually....

BK, in answer to your original question.....

NO :D

Actually my thing is having mental images of everyone based on their avatars...I mean both you and lauginh gnome have pretty distinctive AV's...in my mind both of you are cartoon characters....:D

ANd BK if when we meet you aren't big and Hawaiian I am going to be thoroughly confused....

To be Evan! is Billy Carter....Tx brewer is Teddy Roosevelt (that is Teddy isn't it?) Orfy is a short evil gnome....you get the idea....

I first thought it was ollo with a spanish twang. He corrected me one night at the pub, but yeah, I still hear ollllllllllllo in my brain sometimes. I should have gotten the classic Jeep reference myself. Even my 75 Cherokee's front end screams olllllo.

olllllo was a very difficult handle on jeep forums so I grabbed it here. See also websites:
Real JEEPS (not mine) = olllllo.com

If I had to tell you how to pronounce it, it would be something like:
"Here is your free beer ohlo." with emphasis on "Here is your free beer".
Not ahlo in my mind.

62 if you convert Binary to decimal or 3E in hex.

In person, I prefer to use your real name and mine.

Next puzzler, what is this?
[]-o-[]

olllllo was a very difficult handle on jeep forums so I grabbed it here. See also websites:
Real JEEPS (not mine) = olllllo.com

If I had to tell you how to pronounce it, it would be something like:
"Here is your free beer ohlo." with emphasis on "Here is your free beer".
Not ahlo in my mind.

62 if you convert Binary to decimal or 3E in hex.

In person, I prefer to use your real name and mine.

[]-o-[]

Looks like a 4X4 front end.
EDIT: My bad, not the front end because the differential would be offset from center. Must be a rear end.

Oleo was a margerine precurser. Back in the day, there was a prohibition to it in Wisconsin. Later they allowed it, provided that it was colored pink.

I remember my parents and grandparents calling different spreads Oleo.

I severely misinterpreted this thread's title.

[clap] [clap] [clap]

Well played, Sir. Well played.

I swear, and I don't really understand why, but I swear it's true - I thought his handle was literally "Jeep". I think it was because of the big upside-down "Jeep" lettering in his avatar. Which is another story, because it took me forever to read that as "Beer" - I guess my mind just really wanted it to be right-side-up.

[clap] [clap] [clap]

Well played, Sir. Well played.

I swear, and I don't really understand why, but I swear it's true - I thought his handle was literally "Jeep". I think it was because of the big upside-down "Jeep" lettering in his avatar. Which is another story, because it took me forever to read that as "Beer" - I guess my mind just really wanted it to be right-side-up.

That's too freaking weired....Until you pointed it out my brain always flipped it to the word jeep....I never ever saw it as beer....

OlllllO, has it always read beer, or is that something new???

Jeez...this thread is scaring me.

BK, Here's what "gnome with donkey" had to say about his name...

boo - er - dare - rye ... ka - bout - er

My version makes more sense..." Boer-der-ig Ka-Boot-er."

NO :D

Actually my thing is having mental images of everyone based on their avatars...I mean both you and lauginh gnome have pretty distinctive AV's...in my mind both of you are cartoon characters....:D

ANd BK if when we meet you aren't big and Hawaiian I am going to be thoroughly confused....

To be Evan! is Billy Carter....Tx brewer is Teddy Roosevelt (that is Teddy isn't it?) Orfy is a short evil gnome....you get the idea....

So, Revvy, I'd love to know how you picture ME! :D

Seems to me your one "l" short. Other than the old willies almost all jeeps have 6 bars in the grille, not five. I think it should be ollllllo instead of olllllo :)

[]-o-[]

I too thought this was a TIE fighter for the longest time, until I realized it was supposed to be tires. And I still hear Olo in my head when I see olllllo.

I got the avatar immediately though. :D

My feeble brain always sticks an "I" in between the l's so I read it as "O-LIL-O. Dunno why, but no use tryin to change it..........

Oleomargarine is the "official name of the original margarine. It was called Oleo for short. To this day some people still call it this. It became popular during the rationing of WW II

beerthirty = beerfifteen
big kahuna = lil kahuna
revvy = the bishop
MrNate = lil Nathan
bottleopener = mr twistoff
Laughing Gnome = Laughing Gnome

and

olllllo = olo

This will never stop being funny to me. I've read it 3 times now, and I still giggle like a schoolgirl when I get to "olo" - wait, that didn't sound right.

Back