Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bottled this Quad last night. Not my artwork.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413650612.047160.jpg

A cleaner look.

Sent from my magic box, using only my thumbs.

Attachments

• The Medievile Mistress Quad.jpg
    The Medievile Mistress Quad.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 441
Browsing this thread really makes me want to up my game with labels. You guys/gals make some really cool stuff. :mug:

Gruit Ale coming down the pipeline.
Small 1 gallon batch to test if it is palatable to me.

Gruit1399 copy.jpg

I have a knack and reputation for finding great deals on things I need or want -- so much so that some friends of mine routinely ask, "What did you find in the dumpster lately?" Part of this habit is born out of the joy I get from re-purposing things, and the other part is often out of fiscal necessity. Of course, this applies to my brewing equipment as well, so:

dumpster-diving-label.jpg

I plan to just hand write the name of the beers into the voice bubble.

I also have a Russian Imperial Stout I plan to secondary in my newly acquired oak bourbon barrel. It is such a mix of origins and traditions that I named it:

EPUlabel2.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414280805.055153.jpg

My first attempt at a label and name. I've named my "hobby"; Big Gear Brewery (after cycling- big gear is the race gear- plus I'm 6'5" and 275).

My first beer is a Clydesdale Porter. The tag line is "when you need a full-bodied, big beer to get the job done"

I also made a tap, using a cycling gear.

View attachment 231664

My first attempt at a label and name. I've named my "hobby"; Big Gear Brewery (after cycling- big gear is the race gear- plus I'm 6'5" and 275).

My first beer is a Clydesdale Porter. The tag line is "when you need a full-bodied, big beer to get the job done"

I also made a tap, using a cycling gear.
Impressive label, and the tap handle rocks! Using the gear actually makes it look like a huge bottle cap on top, which I'm guessing was intentional!

A label for my upcoming ESB! Tell me what you guys think. Anything black in the picture will be cut off.

LABEL-WIP.jpg

Love all the labels!
Question for you all (newbie here)
Do you use waterproof paper for your labels and if so where do you get them?

Love all the labels!
Question for you all (newbie here)
Do you use waterproof paper for your labels and if so where do you get them?

More of an issue is waterproof ink. Normal ink jet printing runs readily when wet. I don't have a laser printer, but I suspect the heat fused laser ink would be more water resistant.

If I want to carry some of my labeled bottles in a cooler with ice, I put the bottles in a plastic bag in the cooler with the ice around the bag. Alternative is ice in a bag, but then you have to worry more about bottles getting wet from the condensation on the bags.

Also, be careful what you wish for. If you used waterproof everything, then you might have trouble getting the labels off the bottle for next brew. I use ink jet, normal paper, and glue sticks. Labels fall off easily when I wash the bottles.

Brew on :mug:

Another one I just completed for a batch that's going to be going down very shortly.

Sextant.png

I bet a couple others in this thread are in there as well but my label for Atlantarctica Belgian White IPA made it to the final voting round for AHA's Battle of the Bottle Labels.

Check it out and vote for your favorite, actually vote for mine no matter what your favorite is. Forget those other guys. :D

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/news/battle-bottle-labels-voting/

52a5105f64311da5fd622f53b0191c1f-545294db3ddf7.jpg

I didn't like my other brown ale label. So here's the revised Brown Ale label. I'm kinda diggin this one.

Mr_Brown_Ale.jpg

Back