Did I just score?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the same email about having to wait until October. I emailed back and told them that I wanted the 10 gal coolers and would wait and got a response that they would keep and honor the order.

Hmmm, no email and no voicemail. I did have a couple missed calls from a long distance number, but no voicemail was left. Has anyone received a confirmation of an order being shipped?

I'm the OP. I placed my order on 9/9 and paid via PayPal. I got one email 9/9 that said my order had been initiated, then a 2nd email that same day with an invoice showing that the order was processed. No shipping date or estimated delivery date was included. My credit card has been charged. I'll re-post whenever I have any new info.

I'm the OP. I placed my order on 9/9 and paid via PayPal. I got one email 9/9 that said my order had been initiated, then a 2nd email that same day with an invoice showing that the order was processed. No shipping date or estimated delivery date was included. My credit card has been charged. I'll re-post whenever I have any new info.

Same thing here - then I received the email stating that the coolers were "back-ordered" and wouldn't be available until late October.

My guess would be that either they sold so many due to the low price that they sold out their stock - or...

more likely the price was some type of mistake and they are trying to get people to accept the smaller (cheaper) coolers by delaying shipment. Either way, I don't mind waiting for the 10 gal.

I think you guys just got screwed. I think it was the site administrators screw up that listed the wrong price (says $65.12 now) and they are "Back ordering these to get people to cancel their orders. I bet you get an email in a while that says no longer available.

"If it seams to good to be true, then it is"

Just received the 2 that I ordered for $15ea ($47 for both including shipping). Exactly standard Rubbermaid cooler but with a Gatorade logo. I was surprised that it actually came with the cup holder and a collapsable stirring spoon that could be used as a mash paddle in a pinch.

Super satisfied and thanks to OP for pointing out the deal!!!

I stand corrected, kind of. I would love to see how many actually arrive vs. the number ordered. hope all works out.

Why you want to be so negative? How does that make you better? With 20/20 hindsight and all. No risk=no life. Have a banana!:ban::p

It almost seems like you hope that people got screwed. Don't be such a Negative Nancy! :p

You might be right that it was a website screwup, but from the emails I've gotten it sounds like they fully intend to send me two 10-gallon carboys as soon as their shipment comes in (about 6 weeks, which is pretty standard).

Received mine today! Perfect Rubbermaid 10G cooler with the Gatorade G (outside of the rubbermaid box says #1610 if that means anything to anyone). I'm so stoked. can't wait to try it out. Can't say enough good things about Hydration Depot. good communication, fast delivery they quoted 6 weeks and I have it in-hand in less than 3.

I can't decide if I want to brew a monster belgian quad or a 10 gallon batch first!

BTW, forgot to pre-sell the SWMBO before it got here (I thought she would be pissed about spending more money and taking up more space on brewing equipment), but her reaction was "you paid $10 for shipping on a $14 item?!" after I explained what it would have cost if I would have bought locally her reaction was, "oh. cool." I love that woman!

I'm the OP - I'm happy you guys have received your coolers. Oddly, I haven't gotten mine yet but I did get confirmation that it should be shipped within 2 weeks. Patience seems to be my virtue, like it or not. At least I have 4 days of salmon fishing coming up to take my mind off the cooler . . .

Got mine today.

I emailed them last Thursday, since I never did receive a voice/email from them about the backorder, and received a response the next morning saying they were backordered until this week. A few hours later I received a shipping notification.

I wasn't rude, but did say that it had been nearly 4 weeks since my order was placed and I had not received any correspondance on the status. They did respond very quickly, but I found it odd that they were supposedly backordered, and were then able to ship one that day.

Oh well, it's here and at a steal of price! Thanks for the heads up on this deal jmf143. :mug:

Received mine a few days ago.. It's big!. The site owners have got to be thinking about how much Gatorade mix they are going to be selling to all the new 10gal cooler owners out there..: )

Given the standard price of these, I'd wonder if they might have lost money on these. Almost feel bad about them thinking they're going to sell all of this Gatorade mix

Got mine last week

I'm the original poster - I hung in there til the bitter end and finally got delivery in January of this year. The story I was told was that they only had a limited number of 10 gallon coolers available for $15 (they were part of a special promotion from Gatorade) and once they were gone they would have to wait until the next batch arrived before they could honor those orders. They offered to refund my money on a couple of occasions and I declined. I would call them every 4-5 weeks and ask for a current status. I finally got a hold of a guy named Malik who was very cool - he promised me I would get my cooler as soon as he had one available and like I said earlier, in january he came through.

Back