Acre of land

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shamrock28

Reaction score
So ive got an Acre of land and im curious how many hops plants i can go on it...Any idea what the average/per acre is and how much yield it will produce?

I dont know, but if you set it up right you better get some sales lined up to local homebrew clubs and/or micrbreweries. I would be willing to bet that an acre of land would produce many pounds of hops.

About 900 plants per acre. About 2 lbs dry hops per mature plant. I just put in an 1/16 of an acre....lot of work, but I will soon be rolling in 50+ pounds of hops a year! Checkout this link:Crannóg Ales - Downloads Scroll to the hops manual. All the info you need.

I considered doing an acre, then I looked at an acre of hops.....too much for me to deal with.

Good Luck!

Are you serious?

According to the Hop Union, Cascade hops can yield nearly two thousand pounds and acre. Have fun hand picking and drying that many hops.

Tom

Back