Official 2009 Pay it Forward Thread!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an 8 qt pressure cooker that I fitted for steam mashing, along with the hose and manifold. Then I built a propane brew tree, so I don't need it anymore. any takers?

Still got this Bernie?

EDIT: never mind, I see flyangler nabbed it. Edit your posts, dammit! :p

Go ahead and take this one if you can use it and will pay shipping. I think I may have a cheap cooler lined up for myself.

He decided not to take it because of the shipping cost. Still want it? Otherwise I think I'ma keep it.

He decided not to take it because of the shipping cost. Still want it? Otherwise I think I'ma keep it.

I'm going to pass, mostly because of the shipping to CT. I think I can find a cooler for free/cheap around here. Definitely appreciate the offer though!

I'm going to pass, mostly because of the shipping to CT. I think I can find a cooler for free/cheap around here. Definitely appreciate the offer though!
This reminded me I have a 5-gallon cooler. It's not outfitted with a braid, so you'd have to do that, but it's up for grabs.

EDIT: Gone to Craig311

Lord, you both PM'd me at the same time. If corvax wants to pay shipping, it's his based no the first-come, first-serve rule. If not, it's all craig's. Fight amongst yourselves. :p

Understood. That's what I get for slacking off for a min! :mug:

I have the stainless steel Locking Spice Mesh Ball, temp probe GONE TO luvmy40, and tap handle GONE TO DeathOnTwoLegs up for grabs.

Ill take the mesh ball if still available, PM sent :rockin:!!

I have #5 of Brown Malt to offer to a fellow homebrewer. I thought that Brown Malt was a base malt and bought #55..can you say DOH!!!

No "reneges". If you post something up as a free item, don't "ebay" it off after, or change your mind. That goes against the spirit of this thread. If you don't want to participate, that's fine! But don't offer up an item and then change your mind, or you will be banned from receiving.

I added a rule as to clarify participation in this "Pay it Forward". Hopefully this will eliminate any misunderstandings.

You can certainly check rough shipping prices before offering, and ask for shipping costs to be covered. That's absolutely fair.

I added a rule as to clarify participation in this "Pay it Forward". Hopefully this will eliminate any misunderstandings.

You can certainly check rough shipping prices before offering, and ask for shipping costs to be covered. That's absolutely fair.

+1 good rule. though I will cover the first $5 for my offering

great idea for a thread! i'll be looking at this, and searching my stuff to see if i've got anything to give.

No "reneges". If you post something up as a free item, don't "ebay" it off after, or change your mind. That goes against the spirit of this thread. If you don't want to participate, that's fine! But don't offer up an item and then change your mind, or you will be banned from receiving.

That would have been me :( want me to re-list the tun? The two people who requested it ended up declining it because of shipping costs...

That would have been me :( want me to re-list the tun? The two people who requested it ended up declining it because of shipping costs...

No, Brownie- I'm not referring to you! You offered it up a couple of times, and it was declined because of shipping. You're fine.

I'm referring to another situation, and I'd like to prevent something like that from happening again, that's all!

I got 2 Sam Adams sensory glasses to give up. Got them on ebay but I'm pretty sure there the real deal. Logo might be scrapped away a little bit.

Gone to - Cheeto and jorrydude

I would love one of those glasses!! and if you didnt want to split them up I would happily take both ! :rockin:

Question, is this thread like the one last year where when you get an item you should put one up in the thread? I was planning to do so anyway but wondered if that part needed to be clarified.

Question, is this thread like the one last year where when you get an item you should put one up in the thread? I was planning to do so anyway but wondered if that part needed to be clarified.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think overall that idea is strongly encouraged. However, I also think it's understood that many are just starting out brewing and can benefit from this thread without necessarily needing to give away an item as well.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think overall that idea is strongly encouraged. However, I also think it's understood that many are just starting out brewing and can benefit from this thread without necessarily needing to give away an item as well.

Exactly- some of us have quite a bit of excess, some don't. It's great if you have something to offer, but if not, that's ok.

Also, keep in mind that we've agreed to each take ONE offering, unless something was offered up and languished a long time (like several days at least).

Since I'm on this forum nearly every waking hour, I could have easily scarfed up everything that was offered. (You know, I really need to get a life, but that's for another forum...............)

I took the coffee (Which I've already received and started enjoying!) so I didn't get dibs on any other items.

Please remember this, so we don't have to shut this thread down. Thanks!

Since I'm on this forum nearly every waking hour, I could have easily scarfed up everything that was offered. (You know, I really need to get a life, but that's for another forum...............)

I'm much the same way. For me, I've been WANTING every thing that's been posted but I always ask myself if I NEED it and the answer is always "No... let someone who really needs it have it." Eventually I'll see something I really NEED and I'll spring. :) Don't wanna take something just to take it.

This is my position....lots needed, nothing to give. I took dibs on the SS braid from azscoob, (which I received today!), but have nothing to offer up. At least not right now. In my mind, "pay it forward" doesn't necessarily mean today...

My plan is to pay it forward when I'm no longer the noob....and when I have something to pay forward with, (if this hobby goes like any other, I'll have tons of excess stuff soon :)). Unfortunately, the only thing I could offer up right now would be a few inches of excess siphon tubing :D

I'm much the same way. For me, I've been WANTING every thing that's been posted but I always ask myself if I NEED it and the answer is always "No... let someone who really needs it have it." Eventually I'll see something I really NEED and I'll spring. :) Don't wanna take something just to take it.

Ha! I am a noob, and I have been passing things up left and right. I have a feeling, when something comes up that I REALLY need, I will call it. Otherwise, enjoy the coffee.

NitroReg.JPG

Norgren regulator for NITROGEN tank with 5/16" barb shutoff. The two gauges have seen better days, but it isn't too hard to replace them.

GONE TO mnadamn

OMFG!!! I WANT THAT!!!

But I don't need it, so I'll let someone else go first.

but... OMFG!!!

Also, keep in mind that we've agreed to each take ONE offering, unless something was offered up and languished a long time (like several days at least).

I took the coffee (Which I've already received and started enjoying!) so I didn't get dibs on any other items.

Please remember this, so we don't have to shut this thread down. Thanks!

Is it OK to claim more than 1 thing if you offer up more than 1 thing? Or, if the value of the thing you offered up far exceeds the value of the thing you claimed? Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back