Maris Otter Malt (vs 2-Row)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. If you ask a question that was answered two years ago, you get reminded (by Revvy) that search comes first. If you necro-post you get called for that too. You guys are a tough crowd. ;)

jafo28 said:
Since this thread has been resurrected I might as well quote something from the first page, only because i love MO, and currently have too much of it in grain form and not beer form.

+1 I love MO. I just went through 1 sack and just purchased another wishing I had got 2.

You might try Golden Promise as well. It's not as biscuity, but it has a nice malty backbone. However, it does dough-ball on you easier.

Has there been a thread on likely short supplies of british pale-malt grains?

Dave

Holy crap! Well since this thread has been resurrected not once not twice but thrice I suppose I'll come back to update it since I started it. MO is the best grain ever; bar none. I have used it as my base malt for the past four years in all sorts of American and British styles and I am hooked on the biscuity goodness that flows forth from that sack. Once the 10# ran out I replaced it with two #55 sacks from a local group buy. I'm still able to get it for $0.80/lb through the group buys. Maybe one day I'll brew an APA with some 2-row but I don't feel any burning desire to do so when MO is so cheap and delicious.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I've done a MO fuggle SMaSH (special bitter OG) that was amazing after six months in the bottle and later a MO EKG SMaSH barleywine (1.120 OG!) aged off on french oak chips soaked in bourbon that is to die for.

Back