Who's smoking meat this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna be brewing tomorrow, and going to fire up the smoker for a buddy and me to eat while we brew.

Probably gonna do something easy.. wings. ;)

Beer can chicken:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393124444.435798.jpg

Pork loin:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393124476.710757.jpg

Beef sirloin roast:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393124512.529162.jpg

Also pulled the trigger on a new 15 gal brew kettle. Man, I'm tired.

Smoked some wings and ABT(s), grilled sliders, served with fried pickles and onion rings, and assorted chips and dips for the Daytona 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393286760.122319.jpg
Chicken legs at the firehouse. Marinated in sesame ginger, smoked at 300 for little over 2hrs. Turned put pretty good.

I might toss a brisket flat on this weekend and watch the BGE do it's thang..

Been keeping it simple.. Wings, or half chickens.. Half chickens smoke so fast and easy, I can do one for dinner at night for us.

my first BubbaQ of the year, smokin' some baby backs

at the same time, first brew this year, finally getting around to my latest DB 8 Point clone, postponed for 3 weeks because of all the global warming.

Started some babybacks at 7:00 hand rubbed the seasonings last night. Will throw a few wings on in a bit slow smoke with hickory

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Home Brew mobile app

1393769232817.jpg

Made a batch of beef jerky on the smoker last night but no time to take pics since we were getting ready for SNOWPOCALYPSE!!!!

I have a few large chunks of frozen albacore and yellowtail. I've never tried smoking fish before. Any tips on prep, times, and target temps?

Gonna be doing a pork butt in the smoker this weekend while I finally do some spring time brewing. Can't wait!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Cooked up a 9 lb pork butt this weekend. Threw it on at 7am and at 8pm it was only at 162. Took it off, foiled and stuck in the oven for an hour and pulled it out at 190 and it was my best one yet. 14 hours is not enough time for me to finish a cook so am going to have to start overnight cooking them. I always get impatient and pull them too early. And to think I always see that they are generally done in 8-12 hours.

Gah, I need to pick up some more charcoal and smoke some ribs or ABTs this week/weekend.

Sorry for no pics, was too hungry to take the time to fotograph the meteor. The delicious, delicious meteor.

I've got a pork tenderloin, around 5 pounds worth, brining away today to be rubbed tonight, for a nice smoke tomorrow. Gonna bacon wrap it.

Trying to figure out how long it might take to get to 150*, probably not long at 225*.

10 lb pork loin cut in half + pork riblets. Took almost 6 hrs @250 to hit IT of 150 on the loins. I think 30 degrees out today might have affected it.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394338187.871486.jpg

Yesterday was brew day.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394338352.968005.jpg

About to toss on the two pork tenderloins.. a short and hot smoke, then a sear for the ages, rest it until 140* and EAT it!

Spinach and Parmesan Orzo salad to big up the rear.

Did a 9 lb packet and 6 pound point brisket yesterday with some beans and smoked mac and cheese

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

While finishing my Canadian bacon smoke, I threw on some boneless pork ribs. Coupled with SWMBO's home made apple sauce, and we got a meal!

20140309_185855.jpg

Thanks. I cooked it the fire station so had to keep it simple and affordable. Dry rub with garlic powder,onion powder,black pepper. I didn't use any salt because I figured the DJ brand spicy pork boudin had enough in it already. Then put Gorgonzola cheese on top of boudin. Used wooden skewers to hold it together wrapped it with plain bacon. Smoked it for about 3 hrs @275 ish. We had a small house fire during the cook, so for about an hr my temp got away from me but it ended up turning out great. Made a bacon onion gravy to help it out

I'm trying to talk myself into putting a 3.5 pound tiny pork butt on the smoker today for dinner.. We eat late around 8, so I think I can get it done in 7 hours if I get going now.

You can always take it off the pit wrap it in foil and finish it in the oven, if you don't feel like babysitting the fire all afternoon. Nothing like pulled pork for supper

You can always take it off the pit wrap it in foil and finish it in the oven, if you don't feel like babysitting the fire all afternoon. Nothing like pulled pork for supper

But babysitting the pit is a great excuse to sit around drinking homebrew on a Saturday afternoon ;-)

Agreed, but doing this tiny little butt, and using my BGE, won't really entail much babysitting. I'm fine with sitting around though and drinking some beers. Need to kill some kegs!

Yard work, and teething twins and fevers will take up most of my time today, not the dinner!

The butt will be done in time, even if I have to wrap it and put it back in the smoker with the mac and cheese.

Just dropped a small brisket on my Brinkman Smoke and Grill.
No Cumin in the spice aisle so McCormicks rub it is.
Using Kingsford Briquetes today, normally like real charcoal
But for the first one of the year, I'll allow it.
I need to drill my breather holes in the coal pan to 3/16" or 1/4".
I found a nice forum on upgrade mods but can't remember where.
Pretty sure it was from here, after a homebrew and throwing tonights
hanger steaks on my little weber, my Googlefu will reemerge.

Pork butt is looking damn good. Got the BGE closed up and sitting nice around 300* with some bourbon baked beans in there. Should stay plenty warm enough while it cools down by the time the wife gets home in an hour for dinner.

Easy cook today! Put it on around 1 and it's done by 6:30 pretty much. I need to start buying smaller cuts for me and the wife, unless the neighbors will want some. Mentioned it today they'd like some if I do a big cut.. I kind of like the small ones, I don't have to get up early to put it on!!

I'm smoking a brisket for a dinner with friends tonight. I decided to do something new and smoke a pork butt--being from Texas most smoked meat is beef, so this is a bit foreign for me.

I have about another 2 hours to go.

2014-03-21%2015.48.31.jpg

I put my chicken in marinade for an overnight swim prior to tomorrow's cook.

Back