Armageddon is nigh .....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may be the kind of stuff that pisses me off more than any other about sports. I can't understand why they can't name it Tigers Stadium, or Avalanche arena. It's ok to call it Ford Field, cause the Fords OWN THE TEAM! (That is a whole nother argument right there...)

I love the idea personally, but that might be because I am a huge buffett fan. I need to see the redskins play in a super bowl and win at land shark stadium before I die.

I suppose it started with Wrigley Field? Was it ever anything else? What's bad is that they keep changing hands which then changes the name. :confused:

I suppose it started with Wrigley Field? Was it ever anything else? What's bad is that they keep changing hands which then changes the name. :confused:

Wrigley Field was originally called Weeghman Park, but when the Wrigley's bought the team, they bought the park also, and re-named it. There was a HUGE uproar last year (or was it the year before ?) when there was talk about a corporate sponsorship re-name.

As a huge Parrothead myself, I'm more disappointed that Landshark is basically re-packaged Bud.

Since defending professional sports players have become such an important part lawyers' income, it's only right that they give a little back to the community.

Latest posts

Back