The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
light%20bulb.png

The Three Amigos convert to Mormonism, mortgage their homes to the hilt, and start the first and likely only Mormon Brewery in the universe.

Just think of the fawning that will garner!

Cheers! ;)

Hi guys, thanks for the hello's. Now GFY!

I can't believe you think most women are evil. They all are, including Melana.

The only solution is to grow your hair long, put on a pair of sandals and head down to Julio's to turn over the tables of the money changers. Cape, that boil on the back of your neck is getting out of control.

If that's not AZ's sig by Monday evening I'll be shocked!

080.jpg

Because everyone knows that an aging bunch of monks trying to save their order from oblivion by establishing only the eighth operating Trappist brewery in the known universe - and with the unselfish help of a number of well regarded players in the brewing industry - shouldn't get any more attention than the 15001st for-profit brewery in the world.

Way to miss the reasons why folks are interested in this compelling story.

I wonder how well that rant would play out in a more public setting?

(Yeah, I know, "GFY" and all that...)

Cheers!

(ps: The Spousal Unit and I really enjoyed the first of the four pack. Delicious!)

Yeah... That's exactly what I was saying. Solid work in cracking my secret code and psyche. ]

Mr. TheNurse is very concerned that the world is full of stupid people and that "Bog Iron" is going to be accused of really stupid sht like "flaming the monks " or "not saying this in a public setting" so let me try this again in what I hope are simpler terms for those people...

Slumbrew doesn't make their beer. Unless things have changed very recently, Slumbrew simply hands Ipswitch a recipe and Ipswitch delivers X-number of cases back to Slumbrew. There is no "Slumbrew brewery" and no one at Slumbrew is involved with the brewing of their beer. "Oh my God!! Now he's flaming Slumbrew!!" No... I'm not flaming Slumbrew, I'm simply stating fact. I'll go one further and say that, personally, I have zero issues with how Slumbrew is doing things. If people like their beer, more power to them. As a matter of fact, I met a couple of the Slumbrew guys at the ACBF last year and we had this EXACT conversation on this EXACT topic in person.... so cram your "ewww. Say that in public" crap in your cramhole.

Will Myers at CBC has been a very vocal opponent of "contract brewing" in the manner that Slumbrew is using it. Google "Will Myers, contract brewing" and you'll see some heated exchanges. I honestly struggle to come up with a name of a brewer I respect more than Will but in this particular case, while I 100% see his points, I just don't totally agree. And Will is part of a significant number of "industry people", including brewers, bloggers, critics, etc who share his view.

Now you have the Spencer Abby... Which as I said in my very first post, from what I have been told... Had no brewing experience, threw a mountain of money at building a state-of-the-art brewery, and then had experienced brewers teach them everything up to coming up with the recipe. I'm not flaming the monks. I'm stating what I believe is fact and if I have that back-story incorrect... Awesome, please correct me. Do I have a problem with the Abby doing this? Not in the slightest.

The point of my rant was that people have no problem viciously shredding a brewery like Slumbrew given how they are set up but... Oddly enough have zero issue, and have actually gone 180 degrees and gush over a "Trappist Brewery" here in Mass who, in my view, hasn't done anything more "genuine" than Slumbrew.

How you get stupid crap like "they are just making enough to preserve their lifestyle" as a retort to all the above... I have no clue.

If you are going to quote me, quote me accurately. I didn't say 'flaming,' I said 'going after.' And I said that 'the world is full of stupid people, like Rookie,' who don't understand the implications of reposting your self admitted rant. What you actually said doesn't matter, just like it doesn't matter if everyone in the league did exactly what the Pats did with filming the opponents. Appearance is reality and to the morons in the world the Pats cheated and you 'went after' the monks. It doesn't matter if you honestly didn't, it looks close enough to it that you are setting yourself up to be accused of that. Which is what I told you in a private text.

Buuuuuuuut, since you insist on defending your right to be stupid, have at it. I'm going to get myself a nice box of popcorn and enjoy the show.

In other news... Hit a nice trifecta last night:
- dinner and a couple beers at Julians down in Providence. That place is insane. Love that place
- quick stop at new place Natty Green's in Attleboro. Not bad. I remember it as the old dive bar Ziggy's.
- hit my new haunt Flynn's in Mansfield for a nightcap. That place is dangerous being so close to my house. 46 ligit taps. Scary.

Personally, I'm praying that the same mo-ron who thought it was a great idea to put your misprinted logo up on Facebook decides he needs to copy and paste your rant on BA. Now THAT will be entertainment. I'm hoping I'm sitting next to you at the bar at Kinsale when it happens. It will be kinda fun to watch your head explode.

Go ahead... Post it to freakin' BA yourself. I have zero issue with anyone seeing it.

This may come as a bit of a shock but.... Guess what... This thread isn't... PRIVATE. (GASP!). I know, it's shocking.

This is a public forum. I said nothing bad, or, as far as I know incorrect, about the Abby, and actually have said I support what they're doing. If people are that stupid to continue to twist it into me attacking them because I'm so jealous about the competition or anything equally asinine... Have at it. Show how stupid you are.

Fck... I've already done you one better. I reached out to a blogger on Friday and asked to grab a beer some night soon and talk through this very topic as I don't understand the huge difference with which some breweries are treated.

Back