What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee. Lots of it.
:off:
If I brewed a blonde ale at 2 pm Saturday (finished) that I didn't pitch yeast into until about 9 am the next day, it sat at 61-62 degrees, I pulled it out to warm it up to about 64 Monday afternoon after because it didn't show activity or krausen, then the airlock started bubbling at about 8 pm Monday night, can I bet on off flavors? What I could tell was the airlock wasn't place in right and after I reseated it, I suddenly had activity.

I could start a thread but being off topic is part of my charm and at least I don't argue about how my beer is beer even without hops while wearing a horse mask. :D

You should be okay - any off flavors that may have started to develop should get cleaned up now that fermentation is going strong.

Coffee. Lots of it.
:off:
If I brewed a blonde ale at 2 pm Saturday (finished) that I didn't pitch yeast into until about 9 am the next day, it sat at 61-62 degrees, I pulled it out to warm it up to about 64 Monday afternoon after because it didn't show activity or krausen, then the airlock started bubbling at about 8 pm Monday night, can I bet on off flavors? What I could tell was the airlock wasn't place in right and after I reseated it, I suddenly had activity.

I could start a thread but being off topic is part of my charm and at least I don't argue about how my beer is beer even without hops while wearing a horse mask. :D

I say it'll be fine. Even with the airlock loose. There was CO2 pouring out and nothing should of got in. Thats fairly cold for an ale but it will just ferment a little slower and cleaner. Dont worry, I'm sure your brew will turn out awesome :p

Thanks guys. :)

More coffee. So much to do today...such a cluster F at work so far and it's only Tuesday.

PS to those who are expecting boxes from me (brewholligan, fuzzy, bane, and TN) they are coming. No lie.

PPS where is nuke?

I have only had theri Monument IPA and was terribly underwhelmed by it, which ones do you suggest? Or should I just go by their restaurant/taproom and try em all?

Definitely stop by. I was not a huge fan of their product in bottles, but the are decent on draft. Little known fact, if you buy a flight, you can take the taster glass home, and it is a decent one. Just not advertised.

Water.

The Cool.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393348504.999352.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

That was my celebratory drink after being asked to a face-to-face interview after this morning's phone interview.

More beer on the way, shortly.

Yeah, but not the good kind :)

4 year old was sick - up every 2 hours. Most of the time she made it to a trash can or the bathroom, but i'm running on 4 hours of interrupted sleep...

That is rough, hope she's doing better today. I feel as if I will have to turn into a coffee drinker once I have kids. It seems necessary.

Yeah, but not the good kind :)

4 year old was sick - up every 2 hours. Most of the time she made it to a trash can or the bathroom, but i'm running on 4 hours of interrupted sleep...

God. Thank stinks, man. Hope she feels better and gets over that. Been in that situation a few times with the kids as well as with the dogs when I had them.

Had Hello's Cluster pale ale with lunch. No pic, sorry. Is it all cluster hops?

Apologies, I didn't see this until now. Yeah, all Cluster all the time. It's an extract batch thus the darker color (LME) and 1 oz cluster at 45 min. Nothing crazy.

It took me a bit to appreciate the taste. Cluster isn't like a hop from today that is heavy on the citrus flavor. I hope you enjoyed it.

Drinking water. Had a sample of my kegged beer, been having some problems kegging but it'll work out. If I can keep this second tank from going overnight I'll be money.

Screen Shot 2014-02-25 at 12.35.02 PM.jpg

God. Thank stinks, man. Hope she feels better and gets over that. Been in that situation a few times with the kids as well as with the dogs when I had them.

She slept from 4 until I left this morning at 8, wife says no incidents yet today, so I think she is over the worst of it.

How's your little one?

Congrats on the face to face! I need to get my resume out, feeling like Groundhog Day at my job.

Also, I haven't forgot about our trade, just trying to limit it to 2 a month. Probably be in a couple weeks.

Last cup of coffee for the day.

That was my celebratory drink after being asked to a face-to-face interview after this morning's phone interview.

More beer on the way, shortly.

Congratulations! I hate being on either side of a phone interview. Tough to get a read on the person.

You going for a lateral move or climbing the ladder?

She slept from 4 until I left this morning at 8, wife says no incidents yet today, so I think she is over the worst of it.

How's your little one?

Congrats on the face to face! I need to get my resume out, feeling like Groundhog Day at my job.

Also, I haven't forgot about our trade, just trying to limit it to 2 a month. Probably be in a couple weeks.

Last cup of coffee for the day.

Mine is doing better. Took him to daycare today. This weekend sucked, though.

Didn't know we were going to trade. But I'm still 100% up for it. :D

Congratulations! I hate being on either side of a phone interview. Tough to get a read on the person.

You going for a lateral move or climbing the ladder?

I never move laterally. At least I never try to. This is for a Senior-level gig but I am not sure I want to drive to the train and commute 45 min away (one-way) on a daily basis. So, I will go along but the ultimate question will be whether or not said Fortune-500 company would allow me to telecommute the majority of the week.

I currently work for one of the biggest companies in the world. But with my boss having four, new bosses in the last 10 months, we haven't had a good direction set since mid-year 2012. My role will change slightly and for that reason, I am exploring other opportunities.

My ESB. I should probably stop after this.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393351864.288909.jpg

Said no one ever.

Apologies, I didn't see this until now. Yeah, all Cluster all the time. It's an extract batch thus the darker color (LME) and 1 oz cluster at 45 min. Nothing crazy.

It took me a bit to appreciate the taste. Cluster isn't like a hop from today that is heavy on the citrus flavor. I hope you enjoyed it.

Yea it was pretty good. The flavor was different, but good. Could have been some of the Biscuit/Honey malt combo in there too.

I never move laterally. At least I never try to. This is for a Senior-level gig but I am not sure I want to drive to the train and commute 45 min away (one-way) on a daily basis. So, I will go along but the ultimate question will be whether or not said Fortune-500 company would allow me to telecommute the majority of the week.

I currently work for one of the biggest companies in the world. But with my boss having four, new bosses in the last 10 months, we haven't had a good direction set since mid-year 2012. My role will change slightly and for that reason, I am exploring other opportunities.

Very good. I can relate well to having new bosses. I've had my share of transitions over the last few years. One, was the best thing that happened to my professional life ever. He didnt have a clue what we did as a department but i learned more from this person about leadership in 1 year than I have in 15 years of experience. I have a team of direct reports who each have their own teams. We all benefited greatly.

I do not buy sports games because they come out every year. I need to find someone to play Portal 2 CO-OP.

I agree but FIFA is the only sports game I buy every year. I am always gifted with madden during the holidays. so I never buy that. So you don't play any other games either? Like COD? I used to be big into gears of war but haven't been much for xbox lately.

Back