What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homer beer. My favorite local brewery. Not my favorite of their brews, but I felt like grabbing a sixer, and it's really hitting the spot tonight.

20140224_202922[1].jpg

Just got back home from a tap room and grill I worked for many years ago. Had 2 of the house ipas (top) and an unfiltered rye (middle right). Ipa was fruity and the rye didn't have much of the expected rye bite. Onto my white ipa (3rd). SWMBO had the house cherry wheat which wasn't medicinal like sam adams. (Left beer 2nd pic)
Oh yeah, and SWMBO scolded me for taking pictures of beer haha

1393292442427.jpg

1393292455430.jpg

1393292753029.jpg

6 month old milk stout. It kind of got ignored as I made beers that were better young. This one really improved with age though. Good stuff, and now I need room in the keezer for more lagers, so it must be kicked soon.

Your distro sucks? Try living in Wyoming!

Gillette had a "decent" selection for Wyoming. not decent enough to live there again though.

on a semi-unrelated note: the way I've been explaining Gillette locals to the folks here, "It's like someone walked into the Jr. High with huge bags of cash and blank drivers licenses and said 'OK, y'all 're all growed up now. Have fun!' and then left them to their own devices." makes me wonder though if home brew does something to your brain. the folks in the home brew club weren't like that at all.

Really wish I got more prairie beers here. It's so limited, but I have really liked everything of theirs I've had

We get a few full timers here and some of their special stuff like the Noirs and Bomb. I've liked everything I've had from them as well.

Two dirty martinis and a shot of authentic Russian potato "wudka" as a day late salute to the end of the 2014 games. I think I'm tapping out. Though I'm hoping to make it through Panic Room then the return of Archer.

Sent from my GameBoy using Super Mario Bros. 3

Two dirty martinis and a shot of authentic Russian potato "wudka" as a day late salute to the end of the 2014 games. I think I'm tapping out. Though I'm hoping to make it through Panic Room then the return of Archer.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393298581.696528.jpg
Forgot the pic.

Coffee. Lots of it.
:off:
If I brewed a blonde ale at 2 pm Saturday (finished) that I didn't pitch yeast into until about 9 am the next day, it sat at 61-62 degrees, I pulled it out to warm it up to about 64 Monday afternoon after because it didn't show activity or krausen, then the airlock started bubbling at about 8 pm Monday night, can I bet on off flavors? What I could tell was the airlock wasn't place in right and after I reseated it, I suddenly had activity.

I could start a thread but being off topic is part of my charm and at least I don't argue about how my beer is beer even without hops while wearing a horse mask. :D

Homer beer. My favorite local brewery. Not my favorite of their brews, but I felt like grabbing a sixer, and it's really hitting the spot tonight.

I have only had theri Monument IPA and was terribly underwhelmed by it, which ones do you suggest? Or should I just go by their restaurant/taproom and try em all?

Coffee. Lots of it.
:off:
If I brewed a blonde ale at 2 pm Saturday (finished) that I didn't pitch yeast into until about 9 am the next day, it sat at 61-62 degrees, I pulled it out to warm it up to about 64 Monday afternoon after because it didn't show activity or krausen, then the airlock started bubbling at about 8 pm Monday night, can I bet on off flavors? What I could tell was the airlock wasn't place in right and after I reseated it, I suddenly had activity.

I could start a thread but being off topic is part of my charm and at least I don't argue about how my beer is beer even without hops while wearing a horse mask. :D

Meh it will still be beer. And no one would care anyway unless you forgot to wear your unicorn mask.

Coffee is finished, still have some neck pain from sleeping wrong the night before last. Hopefully I will once again be an ambi-turner later today or tomorrow and be able to turn left. No beer last night. Making up tonight for no drinking last night with a whatever is in my beer fridge or two.

Back