Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- When my boss comes in my office, farts, stares at me for a second like it didn't happen and then leaves.

- When someone makes it a point every morning to ask how you are, but responds "living the dream" every day when you return the courtesy.

We've got a guy here who plays the Bee Gee's all the time. As if that wasn't bad enough, he sings along in off-key falsetto.
:smack:

We've got a guy here who plays the Bee Gee's all the time. As if that wasn't bad enough, he sings along in off-key falsetto.
:smack:

Eww dude..

My boss plays whatever the hell you call this new music emo crap. I hear Take Me to Church by Hozier minimum 3 times a day. Oh yeah, and he tries to whistle along to his songs but has zero musical background. It grates away at my soul.

Eww dude..

My boss plays whatever the hell you call this new music emo crap. I hear Take Me to Church by Hozier minimum 3 times a day. Oh yeah, and he tries to whistle along to his songs but has zero musical background. It grates away at my soul.

Could try to reverse it on him and try to sing it and make him annoyed so he stops playing it. might kill a bit of your soul by doing this though.

When someone makes it a point every morning to ask how you are, but responds "living the dream" every day when you return the courtesy.

Bleccch. I hear that drivel whenever some coworkers return from whatever flavor-of-the-month motivational seminar they just attended. They spend the next several weeks spewing out all the empty platitudes they picked up there.

Some of them are even impressionable from TV commercials. A few years ago there was this clown who, every Wednesday, would walk into the office, bellowing "Uh oh...guess what day it is! Guess what day it is!"

"Uh oh...guess what day it is! Guess what day it is!"

Ugh. We've got a lot of that around here, mostly from the sales dept. which consists of a much older group of people. They will blurt out that exact quote, then proceed to laugh like they are high on whip-its and horse tranquilizer. They feed off each other.

I just stare daggers at them from my office. They love me.

Mines the annoying turd who vomits out Fox News talking points incessantly. I got him to stop by saying "thanks Obama!' after every minor occurrence of inconvenience that befalls my work day.

"Great, we're out of coffee. Thanks Obama!"

Lol

Mines the annoying turd who vomits out Fox News talking points incessantly.

You talking about my boss, and his boss? They constantly try to "Out News" each other by yelling across the building, of course.

"Did you hear the Sabres..."

"Yeah they signed Bylsma!"

Don't force that crap on us :cross:

You talking about my boss, and his boss? They constantly try to "Out News" each other by yelling across the building, of course.

"Did you hear the Sabres..."

"Yeah they signed Bylsma!"

Don't force that crap on us :cross:

Exactly.

It's ok though, his know-it-all, obnoxious personality makes him the target of all our practical jokes and pranks. Dude fell for "dollar on a string" and "quarter glued to the ground" in the same week. Like my man, you just got played with the dollar, aren't you suspicious of a quarter magically manifesting itself in the same place 2 days later? LOL.

Best part, we all cram into my bosses office so we can watch it on the security cam.

The one who thinks that everything that comes out of her mouth is comedic gold, and laughs hysterically at the top of her lungs so the whole office knows she said something funny.

Also has a very creep obsession with her step-son, talking about him incessantly, even pretending what he would order when browsing a new menu. Not her husband, not the other step-kids, just what HE would order.

I swear on my life that half this company is stuck in High School. Constant gossip and infighting and you never know who's friends with who. I just heard both sides of the same fight from both parties...and guess what? They're both in the wrong. One of them is leaving Friday, so at least this is the last of that particular soap opera of bitchiness.

I swear on my life that half this company is stuck in High School. Constant gossip and infighting and you never know who's friends with who. I just heard both sides of the same fight from both parties...and guess what? They're both in the wrong. One of them is leaving Friday, so at least this is the last of that particular soap opera of bitchiness.

You work where I work? :drunk:

Got to hear it from a third party over lunch, until I finished my lunch and walked out of the breakroom. I do not care what Mabel said to Ethel.

Maybe Mabel should mind her own damned business. She shouldn't have been hanging out with Walter anyway; he was cured off the Wild Turkey for months before she got involved.

Maybe Mabel should mind her own damned business. She shouldn't have been hanging out with Walter anyway; he was cured off the Wild Turkey for months before she got involved.

I wish it was man drama. I'd be halfway interested. It involves a stack of paperwork placed in one ladies inbox when it belongs in another ladies inbox. So damn boring.

Although I'm the one gossiping to internet strangers about it.

I work in food service. I think I've said enough.

Yeah, I feel for you. I ran a restaurant for a short time, I can't understand why someone lays out the money and effort to go to a culinary school so they can work 70 hour weeks in horrible conditions for minimum wage.

The above is a generalization... There are certainly food service workers who are well compensated and have a decent work environment, and I understand the art/challenge aspect.

Requested a purchasing report for a vendor for deliveries within the date range April 1 through April 30. This is a routine request.

She came back with "What about April 31st? You normally ask for the whole month."

Sure, go ahead and throw in the 31st. :drunk:

Deja vu up in here...

Next time have to report go out to the 32 or 34.

Yeah, I feel for you. I ran a restaurant for a short time, I can't understand why someone lays out the money and effort to go to a culinary school so they can work 70 hour weeks in horrible conditions for minimum wage.

Can't the same thing about brewers going pro be said? At least that's how I understand it. :)

Things about your co-workers that annoy you....

The stupid girl who's barely out of her teens, doesn't know sh** about anything outside of her equally shallow group of friends on her Facebook page, and starts every sentence with the phrase "OH MY GAWD! LIKE...YOU KNOW...." :mad: :mad: :mad:

[rant on]
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR DIET. JUST DRINK YOUR CUCUMBER WATER AND BE SAD SILENTLY.
[/rant off]

I need a beer.

I used to work with that person...the one that doesn't feel happy unless they're suffering through a diet, while making sure the entire office is aware of their martyrdom:

"Well, I had a protein smoothie for breakfast, and for lunch I brought exactly 6 carrot sticks, and a teaspoon of fat-free ranch dressing. Oh NO, I'm not eating any carbs, they're just so bad for you. Yeah, it's pretty tough, but it's worth it to get healthy. I lost half a pound last month!"

Cool, so can I have your share of the pizza at the next lunch-and-learn? Sure, you can stare at me with disdain.

I think it's gone national.

Ugh. Thats. like, just totally, awful. Yaknow?

I am not sure whats worse. A Valley-girl or my least favorite coworker here who this picture sums up best.

ablab137h.jpg

He doesnt move much during the day, but somehow it happens.

I used to work with that person...the one that doesn't feel happy unless they're suffering through a diet, while making sure the entire office is aware of their martyrdom:

"Well, I had a protein smoothie for breakfast, and for lunch I brought exactly 6 carrot sticks, and a teaspoon of fat-free ranch dressing. Oh NO, I'm not eating any carbs, they're just so bad for you. Yeah, it's pretty tough, but it's worth it to get healthy. I lost half a pound last month!"

Cool, so can I have your share of the pizza at the next lunch-and-learn? Sure, you can stare at me with disdain.

More cake for the rest of us!

bb59d999148563cb822ff71d58d87bdf.jpg

people at work seem to always look to me for answers. be it weld specs on a certain part, inner company goings on, proper procedures, welding knowledge (MIG, Stick, TIG), etc. I'm always as honest as possible. if I don't know the answer, I will tell them right out that I can't give them an answer. there is one guy that that always has to argue with anything I say, constantly trying to find a flaw in my logic or in the facts and trying to spin it so he's always right. when I point out the facts of the matter, he always comes back with, "That's how you feel." or "You're not listening to what I'm saying." I will again point out the facts but with more emphasis and directly relate them individually to the question at hand. the other morning he kept trying to "prove me wrong" about new hiring/transfer procedures, but kept failing miserably. he had me so annoyed I was about 6" from his face yelling at him to shut his mouth and open his ears. he wants to transfer from night shift to day shift, but has to fill out an application and will be considered along with anyone else who applies for a day shift welding position. there is no guarantee he will change shifts. he thinks it's on a first come first serve basis, after it was explained by the new ownership that it is not. this guy can hear just fine, but his listening skills are severely underdeveloped. I want to beat him with 20" stick of #9 rebar.

The above is a generalization... There are certainly food service workers who are well compensated and have a decent work environment, and I understand the art/challenge aspect.

I put myself through college waiting tables and bartending...and for a year managing the front of house at a "casual fine dining" joint (yes, it is an oxymoron). I loved the first two hated the last except for the skills I picked up from the CIA trained Chef and Sous Chef when I had to cover for all he other flakes in the back of house (verses the flakes in the front of house).

Much like professional painters, I still wonder if the environment breeds the morons or the morons are attracted to the environment. That said, would go back in a heartbeat for the same money and benefits I have now.

I miss cooking. Its the only job I've ever had that it was acceptable to show up completely hungover and just knock out some killer food until it was time to go home and get wasted again. The dishwashers though, man those guys were shady... always eyeballing the food, being all sketchy in the walk-in.

Back