Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked him how to spell Hypocrisy, then said never mind and went back to typing an email!
no one seemed to get it!

LOL!!!!
To be honest, nobody seems to care about hypocrisy anymore.
Its almost like as long as you admit to being a hypocrite, its all good.

Email conversation between me and my boss this morning.

Boss: I want to get together tomorrow and discuss A & B.
Me: Ok
Boss: Lets set a time.
Me: I'm available all day long.
Boss: Ok, then set a time we can meet.
Me: 10:00am
Boss: Probably not good for me, I have a meeting at 10:30

WTF.

Convo with a client of ours:

Me: Sent meeting invite for 10 AM
Them: Accepted invite
Them this morning: I won't be able to make our meeting, have a dentist appt, won't be in until 10.
Me: No problem. Would 11 work?
Them: "I think so"

You see the train wreck coming.

Me: Hey, this is a bad idea. We should do this instead.

Boss: This is fine.

Me: This is going to be a train wreck.

Boss: We will do some cartwheels and backflips to avoid the train wreck.

Me: Don't you think we should do something to stop this train wreck? It's still coming.

Boss: Stop arguing with me about this. I know better.

*crash*

Boss: Why did this train wreck happen?

Me: Honestly?

I swear he thinks if he asks me the same question five times he will eventually get a different answer.

Sometimes he does. It's "Make a ****ing decision!"

Co-worker comes asking me for help. I have more years of experience than he has on earth.

Co-worker: Can you help me with X?
Me: Sure.. It looks like...
Co-worker: It's A, isn't it?
Me: No, I think it's...
Co-worker: I'm pretty sure it's A.
Me: It can't be A, let me tell you wh...
Co-worker: It has to be A.
Me: (rolls eyes)
Co-worker: You're not being very helpful.
Me. (Defenestrates co-worker)

Co-worker comes asking me for help. I have more years of experience than he has on earth.

Gotta love the fun coworkers. I'm on the other side of your coin. A guy on my shift started working at the plant the year before I was born. When I had been there six months, he was asking me questions. He's a freakin pro if he's not the one running the job. If he's running it, you'd think he hadn't been there more than a month.

General cattiness. I work in healthcare. There are lots of women. Too many in too small an area leads to conflict. If there isn't, there should be a mathmatical calculation that works out the value of the maximum number of women in a certain number of square footage. I can already tell you that the locker room and nurse's station is too small!

General cattiness. I work in healthcare. There are lots of women. Too many in too small an area leads to conflict. If there isn't, there should be a mathmatical calculation that works out the value of the maximum number of women in a certain number of square footage. I can already tell you that the locker room and nurse's station is too small!
One of the guys on my fire department went from working on the maintenance crew at an ethanol plant, to the maintenance director at the local hospital. Toughest part of the transition has been dealing with the fact that his work environment is now 97% women.

The answer is 1 per X sq ft. Insert the number square feet total in your place of work (don't forget to include the parking lot or any adjacent buildings!) for X. It doesn't matter what X is, the answer is always 1 at any X value. The graph is just a flat line.

I've learned this from personal experience.

Do I have to use capital letters? Numbers? Symbols? Can I use @ and "? Can I use ?? And speaking of ", you put my login in "", but when I type that, it doesn't work. Does it have to be the first letter capital? How many letters, because my name is my password, and it doesn't have a lot of letters.

It always amuses me when I realize that someone actually felt the need to come up with a word for this. Then I realize that it is a good word. Needs to be used more often. The Verb needs to be done more often as well.

when they forget their user name and password over the weekend after 20 years

Have a lady here that calls up 5-6 times a day because she cant remember hers and needs it reset. We have begun reminding her that she reset it and put it in the safe/her purse/tattooed it to the back of her hand but she still forgets. I have been here for nearing 5 years and this all started this past year.

How bout asking for the number for the control room on the other side of the plant, that they've had to call at least a couple times a week for over 20 years.

when they forget their user name and password over the weekend after 20 years

I have maybe half a dozen different username/passwords at work and I try to do the same thing with each but they seem to have different rules for the password and several of them force you to change every 90 days. It's not like I work for some secretive agency so really makes no sense to me. I think I finally have a password that fits all criteria - GoF*ckYourself!01. Except there is a "u" instead of a "*". When I have to update the end digit advances to 02 & so on. Some programs of them I use only rarely so I have to try several past iterations of my password. Kind of gratifying, in a way.

I have maybe half a dozen different username/passwords at work and I try to do the same thing with each but they seem to have different rules for the password and several of them force you to change every 90 days. It's not like I work for some secretive agency so really makes no sense to me. I think I finally have a password that fits all criteria - GoF*ckYourself!01. Except there is a "u" instead of a "*". When I have to update the end digit advances to 02 & so on. Some programs of them I use only rarely so I have to try several past iterations of my password. Kind of gratifying, in a way.

1Amk1nG or L3tM31n works for me :)

Some password programs won't let you use a password if it shares "x" number of concurrent letters with your previous password. Like, if your current password is iLikeBeer#1, it wouldn't accept Beer1$Go0d for a new password, because they both have "Beer" in them.

Change your password every 5 days. Can't use the same password in the next 50 passwords. Must be 800 characters. Must use 14 different special characters, a 3:7 ratio of uppercase and lower case, include 4 spaces and two underscores, and every numeric digit at least twice.

But its your fault if you forget it.

And I don't do anything sensitive whatsoever...

Change your password every 5 days. Can't use the same password in the next 50 passwords. Must be 800 characters. Must use 14 different special characters, a 3:7 ratio of uppercase and lower case, include 4 spaces and two underscores, and every numeric digit at least twice.

I just leave a sticky note on my work monitor with my password on it. :rockin:

I just leave a sticky note on my work monitor with my password on it. :rockin:

Ditto.
however that is only to sign on my computer.
I have atleast 7 passwords, for 10 different web applications and programs.

And they all have to be changed at different times.

Our passwords expire every 90 days. I never log off because my PC is the camera server, so every 90 days my e-mail stops working on my phone and I have to have IT change my password. It's fun. I've had to have them change it from the beach before.

The answer is 1 per X sq ft. Insert the number square feet total in your place of work (don't forget to include the parking lot or any adjacent buildings!) for X. It doesn't matter what X is, the answer is always 1 at any X value. The graph is just a flat line.

I've learned this from personal experience.

Your formula is brilliant. Any number of women greater than X will always lead to conflict!

Not sure who did it, but there is craft herpes in my locker at work now.

g0n92.jpg

Have a lady here that calls up 5-6 times a day because she cant remember hers and needs it reset. We have begun reminding her that she reset it and put it in the safe/her purse/tattooed it to the back of her hand but she still forgets. I have been here for nearing 5 years and this all started this past year.

Has she remembered her password for the past few years and in the past year is having trouble remembering? Because if so, she definitely needs a health evaluation. Though it is hard to find a tactful way to say "hey, your memory is crap lately, go to the doctor!" I have occasionally snuck a mini mental health exam into conversation with my father (he did catch on the last time, hah!), since Alzheimers has occurred in the family. Perfect score each time, but still.

How bout asking for the number for the control room on the other side of the plant, that they've had to call at least a couple times a week for over 20 years.

"Call so and so and tell them blah blah blah."
"Have so and so call me."
"Can you transfer me to so and so?"

How about you use the same phone or ptt you just used to call me, which they also have, and go fuq yourself?

Yep.

Your formula is brilliant. Any number of women greater than X will always lead to conflict!

g0n92.jpg

Has she remembered her password for the past few years and in the past year is having trouble remembering? Because if so, she definitely needs a health evaluation. Though it is hard to find a tactful way to say "hey, your memory is crap lately, go to the doctor!" I have occasionally snuck a mini mental health exam into conversation with my father (he did catch on the last time, hah!), since Alzheimers has occurred in the family. Perfect score each time, but still.

How is it, working at a strip club?

g0n92.jpg

Yeah. She took a leave of absence and when she returned she was using one of those mobility scooters. Something is up.

Oh, I have another gripe. I work on a computer help desk. As a result someone always answers the phone. This makes my coworkers/'customers'/etc all realize that since we answer the phone, and are behind computers, that we are receptionists or operators too.

"Thanks for calling... this is DrunkleJon how can I help you?"
Transfer me to my boss Billy Bob

Yeah. She took a leave of absence and when she returned she was using one of those mobility scooters. Something is up.

Oh, I have another gripe. I work on a computer help desk. As a result someone always answers the phone. This makes my coworkers/'customers'/etc all realize that since we answer the phone, and are behind computers, that we are receptionists or operators too.

"Thanks for calling... this is DrunkleJon how can I help you?"
Transfer me to my boss Billy Bob

That why I have no voice mail or ever answer the phone

make all my users do everything by email unless I call them

also if the time ever comes we can print said emails and it is not he said she said

it is what is in black and white

had an instructor one tell me to remember "user rhythms with loser"

all the best

S_M

customer (the office boss) calls, says they have a guy whose payment check bounced, so they need to reverse his payment. easy. go to his payment screen, highlight the payment and hit the REVERSE button. done.

I explain: when he comes back in to make good on the bounced check, whether you charge him for that or not, you just take the payment like you do 100 times a day every day

they say: oh, no, we want to undo all that you just did. we want to undo the reversal. unreverse that

me: like I said, when the guy comes in to pay you back for the bounced payment, post that payment like any other payment. that's how you unreverse it

customer: no, you don't understand. we need to undo the reversal

me: trust me, trust the computer, trust our program. it will all work out if you just wait until he comes to pay you back, then you repost the payment like this all never happened

customer: no, you don't understand. we need to undo the reversal

5 full minutes of this going back and forth.

How is it, working at a strip club?

It would be fantastic....if you know, sexy people were the ones stripping. 99% of the time, 'tis confused elderly folks. The other 1% of the time, well, let me just say some people are amateur exhibitionists.

I have decided that when my coworkers next ask me a stupid question I am going to reply with one of the answers from a Magic 8 Ball and see how long it takes for them to figure it out.

Right outside my office is a central thermostat for about 15 offices & rooms.
Due to my close proximity to the thermostat, I am by default, the keeper of the thermostat.

People stick their head into my office about every 15 minutes.....
"Are you hot/cold?"
"Can I change the thermostat setting?"
"Has someone been messing with the thermostat?"
"Don't let anyone touch the thermostat"
"Is someone coming today to repair the heat/ac?"
"Do you know how to program the thermostat?"

I've never touched the thermostat. I've never even complained about the temp in the office. I don't even look at it.

There is an office near the parking lot. I'm thinking about sticking my head in there once or twice a day to inquire about parking policies or when a pot hole will be filled. Might do a similar thing to the guy next to the men's bathroom.

I have decided that when my coworkers next ask me a stupid question I am going to reply with one of the answers from a Magic 8 Ball and see how long it takes for them to figure it out.

My favorite answer is "Closer than ever" to any time related question.
It gives a sense of satisfaction, however provides absolutely no detail.

When do you think those submittals will be returned?
"I don't know but at this point we are closer than ever."

I curse out loud all the time. Slow page load? Bastard! Less than satisfied with the page load time? You're a piece of crap! Issues with getting a pager to load quickly? I'm pretty sure my CPU's mom is a prostitute.

I get mad about everything but that's what I curse over.

Back