who and how did Homebrewtalk.com get started

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They say that the guy who started this was born in a mental institution, and he sleeps only one hour per night.

TxBrew is the main man from San Antonio. He owns and operates several other hobby forums which you will see if you scroll the page all the way to the bottom and look in the right corner.

TxBrew is the main man from San Antonio. He owns and operates several other hobby forums which you will see if you scroll the page all the way to the bottom and look in the right corner.

I never noticed the links down there before now. Looks like HBT is the most popular one.

edwort you are an amazing contributer to this forum, i have appreciated your stuff, as i was a forum lurker for a year before i ever started brewing, you have helped my brewing thanks, gonna make your apfelwine soon, just wanted to say thanks publicly

I just spent a little time looking at a couple of the sites, and I found it interesting that the membership cost varied with the size of the site (jeep forum higher than HBT, guns/ammo lower) Interesting sites though!

Jeep Forum:
182,670 members
have posted 5,892,053 times
in 582,163 threads.

HBT
Threads: 91,455
Members: 29,711

Jeep forum is bigger.

Well, looking at the post ratios -

JEEP = 32.26 posts per Member*
HBT = 34.25 posts per Member*

*The above ratios are found using fuzzy math, and are to be taken with a grain of salt...

Question: Where the hell is TexLaw? Haven't seen him around these parts lately.

Question: EdWort, do you have anything to do with the Backyard Beecave in Austin? That place is kickass. Last time I was there, I saw a 4 night run of Widespread Panic back when Mikey was still alive.

edwort you are an amazing contributer to this forum, i have appreciated your stuff, as i was a forum lurker for a year before i ever started brewing, you have helped my brewing thanks, gonna make your apfelwine soon, just wanted to say thanks publicly

Thanks for the kind words, but I'm just one of many moderators and veteran HBT'ers who help out here. It's a great community we have here and it's the most helpful and friendliest homebrew forum on the Net IMHO.

Me too, but it turned out to be just another one of his hoaxes. :D

2008 was the year man-made global warming was disproved - Telegraph

I'd kill for some global warming right now!

holidays_087.jpg

(My front yard)

or you could feed Al Gore to them* ;)

*I in no way condone the death, murder, or unfortunate series of events that may or could occur to Al Gore at any time

Question: EdWort, do you have anything to do with the Backyard Beecave in Austin? That place is kickass. Last time I was there, I saw a 4 night run of Widespread Panic back when Mikey was still alive.

Other than it being practically in my backyard, nothing at all. It looks like it will be moving even closer since they shut down that venue.

Back