How to have Silcone tubing connect to a garden hose attachment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rau71

Reaction score
I live in a very hard water area so I have an advance water softening system. Everywhere I have seen says not to use soft water for beer. I have one outdoor garden hose attachment that runs the regular hard water, and I want to run a Silicone tube from it into my garage to go through a carbon filter.

Problem is I am very new to DIY projects and I am not sure the best way to make this happen. Any ideas?

i don't think you want to go with silicone as it is not suitable for use with the amounts of pressure involved here.

How about an RV supply hose? Its got the garden hose attachments, but also made to have drinking water running through it.

Well, you'd just buy a garden hose-to-hose barb adapter in the plumbing section of your local big box homecenter - but I'd +1 to the RV-hose idea. It'll handle the hose pressure without fear of bursting, they're designed to handle potable water, and they aren't too expensive (probably cheaper than silicone tubing!)

I'd try to use polyethylene if you can live with the wider bends required. RV hose tastes like "hose".

Interesting...
This is my first RV hose - and it definitely doesn't have a "hose" taste to it. I blew out my silicone hoses because i was avoiding using my rubber garden hose, that tasted like hose, but this RV hose added no tastes/odors to my water compared to out of the fridge...

Back