Has anyone brewed a Brewers Best Irish Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnichols

Reaction score
Has anyone brewed a Brewers Best Irish Stout? This is my fourth brew and I have never tried Brewers Best. I was wondering if it will be good on it's own or should I play with recipe? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

dnichols said:
Has anyone brewed a Brewers Best Irish Stout? This is my fourth brew and I have never tried Brewers Best. I was wondering if it will be good on it's own or should I play with recipe? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Brewers best always makes a good beer. I loved the dunkelweisen and am drinking from their imperial stout as we speak. BB is my go to when I'm too lazy for all grain. As far as changing the recipe if it were me I'd leave it like it is but I'm not adventurous with recipes normally.

I have brewed 15ish BB kits including the Irish Stout before I went to all grain. My favorite was the Russian Imperial. In fact I'm pretty sure I liked all of them. :drunk: I would keep to the included ingredients for now until you get a few more brews under your belt.

I've made this before too; the only thing I'd change is the yeast. Perhaps use a liquid, such as Wyeast 1084, or the equivalent White Labs. BB does make a good brew kit as-is, however.

Give this one more than the amount of time that the recipe calls for in the primary. Mine wasn't quite done when I bottled it and toward the end I got some severely overcarbed bottles. It also takes a while to mature so leave it in the bottles longer that lighter color beers.

It was my first ever brew, and I consider it one of the best. I definitely recommend it.

I did the extract kit with steeping grains. I messed up and added the bittering hops & aroma hops in the wrong order, but it was still very good beer.

This was also my very first beer I ever brewed, I turned out better than I could had ever imagined. I have always had great results from BB kits. The only change I would make to the recipe would be when I add the majority of the LME. I would put it in with 10-15 minute remaining.

bad67z said:
This was also my very first beer I ever brewed, I turned out better than I could had ever imagined. I have always had great results from BB kits. The only change I would make to the recipe would be when I add the majority of the LME. I would put it in with 10-15 minute remaining.

Hey guys! Wow I feel a lot better. My LHBS made up my last three brews and when I stopped by another LHBS closer to work they didnt have time to make from a recipe so I went with the BB. Thanks for the advice on the yeast and LME timing. Why the change in LME addition? What does this help with? I have been using the Wyeast but the store owner recomended the White Lab vial. Going to brew this tomorrow. Looking forward to poppin the caps on these...

Latest posts

Back