Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it was one of those times you had to be there? Once she got it from me that she wasn't going to get to do it the easy way, then was told I'm a home brewer & author, she stumbled for a bit. I wish microsoft would use people in America, rather than?...

If their proposed tech support solution would have wiped out all your files without backing them up first, the problem wasn't a cultural barrier.

I guess it was one of those times you had to be there? Once she got it from me that she wasn't going to get to do it the easy way, then was told I'm a home brewer & author, she stumbled for a bit. I wish microsoft would use people in America, rather than?...

Us 'mericans cost too much for M$ to use us. Dell is the same way along with most other huge tech companies. My old job was bought out by FICO a few years back. All us IT guys were laid-off because all helpdesk stuff was out sourced to India...

I just heard a co-worker say his mother-in-law says Ales are too strong and she likes Lagers better. It struck me as sort of funny yet clued in. At least she likes the smoothness of lagers that ales don't have most of the time and she can recognize that. Even though Land Shark and Guinness' Black Lager are two totally different things. I'm sure there are some Ales out there she'd dig but is unwilling to try.

It is when you can't understand them 100%. Besides it seemed as though she never spoke to an author or home brewer before. Or just someone that can't afford the easy way out in the long run. I just thought it was funny for a moment when she stumbled at my revelations.

It is when you can't understand them 100%. Besides it seemed as though she never spoke to an author or home brewer before. Or just someone that can't afford the easy way out in the long run. I just thought it was funny for a moment when she stumbled at my revelations.

Yeah, I just don't tell them what I do for a living or what my hobbies are.

I'm just all, "Hey, fix this. It's broke. Don't delete anything or you're dead."

They usually only talk about the weather and where you reside other than the problem you're calling about. She probably had no idea what you were talking about :fro:

My thoughts as well, guys. They tried fixing it again a lil while ago, but it still didn't work. And I had startup repair going since yesterday. My youngest son said he looked it up & someone said startup repair can take up to a couple days to run, depending on how much stuff is in there. I'm supposed to get a refund in up to 5 days. Ordered windows 7 with reinstall, reboot, etc off amazon this morning with the prime thing for $13.95. That external 2TB drive is coming in handy after all. I'm just going to save everything & wipe the drive.

Seriously?

Capture.JPG

lol! I want to hear the "hype" that is around Yuengling Light! :beard: I should probably PM the guy.

I have sat around the hunting camp and heard BMC drinkers rave about how good a beer Yuengling is.

This while I was drinking my Odell Mountain Standard going "mmhmm, sure..."

So I could see it.

Growing up in PA, I'm legally obligated to drink Yuengling* (was even baptized in the stuff probably), so when I turned 21 that was the first case I brought home.
I lived with my grandparents at the time so when my grandfather opened up the fridge and saw Yuengling his reaction was "Who put this dark **** in here!?"
Then he reached for a Busch Lite and all was well.

*Even if it wasn't law, I would still enjoy a few from time to time.

Growing up in PA, I'm legally obligated to drink Yuengling* (was even baptized in the stuff probably), so when I turned 21 that was the first case I brought home.
I lived with my grandparents at the time so when my grandfather opened up the fridge and saw Yuengling his reaction was "Who put this dark **** in here!?"
Then he reached for a Busch Light* and all was well.

*Even if it wasn't law, I would still enjoy a few from time to time.

Good man.

Shiner Prickly Pear Pale Ale.

That's something funny about beer sitting in my fridge. My Texan wife thought it would be good. It is not.

I've never tried that, but for some reason the name reminds me of that one line from Ted:

"Michelob Tuscan Orange Grapefruit...my God, America is imploding."

I've hesitated to try Redbird because of the Prickly Pear.

I really like eating prickly pear though. Last time we were in Round Rock, they were blooming and we brought a bunch home. Never knew you could eat a damn cactus.

Oh yeah... some are much more fun than others.

When it came to SC when I lived there, a lot of people went crazy about it. I had a buddy in college that used to bring back trunkloads of it back from PA.

In Chicago, people get the same way about New Glarus, which isn't distributed in Illinois. Now, New Glarus is way better than Yuengling and BMC. But it's not nearly as great as Chicago beer fans pretend it is. It's just the lure of the hard to get.

about 16 years ago I was cleaning a carboy after btttling a stout. my roommmate, Preston (after filling the carboy with water) says, "Even when he's cleaning his beer is darker than Bud." I got a good laugh at the time. I was most definately drunk at the time. I still have the carboy.

It's definitely not what it could be. Ruby Redbird is great though.

The Ruby is good. The Holiday Cheer is good, too. I mean, their standard offering is ok, but they do a good job on some of those specials.

It was sorta funny when I was on the phone with the people that handle microsoft's on-line repairs. Darn Indians are hard to understand at times. Woman didn't know what to do for a tick when I explained I didn't want my Beersmith & open office files wiped just to fix the problem. I told her I was a home brewer & wrote books about home brewing as well. Then I got the, "oh, ok, well..." bit. I think she lost her program for a tick or two there?...

How come posts get deleted if they argue with a mod, or if they go too far off topic, but comments like "darn Indians" are allowed? I guess I don't get the rules around here.

Her pause was probably more like, "Oh great, another hick from America."

Mods, how about a warning against bigotry on the forum??

How come posts get deleted if they argue with a mod, or if they go too far off topic, but comments like "darn Indians" are allowed? I guess I don't get the rules around here.

Her pause was probably more like, "Oh great, another hick from America."

Mods, how about a warning against bigotry on the forum??

I meant no bigotry at all, but it just seems odd to me that Microsoft repairs sends me to India to get my computer fixed on-line, if possible. I have trouble understanding them is all. I was surprised they didn't have someplace over here in America handling such things. Hick my foot. Just part country & part city from my parental lineage. Others mention such things & it goes by without another thought...but I get singled out???

Cheese, gravy, cheese and gravy, chip shop curry sauce (bright yellow stuff that's not like any real curry sauce from any part of the world), mushy peas, baked beans and vinegar.

All these can be (no, should be) served on chips (fries).

Ketchup and mayonnaise? ...... Only if you're Belgian.

Back