Post your Dog Inspired Logo's and/or Brewery Names

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavball6

Reaction score
In my short time in the homebrewing world, I have definitely noticed how many of us have received inspiration from our dogs to name our breweries and/or in our logo designs...

Post your doggie inspiration here! Here is mine!

Birdie Brew Logo_Blue.jpg

I named my brewery Big Dog Brewery. I have two great Danes. I will try and get some pics later tonight.

I don't have a name or logo with her on it yet. But I have toyed with the idea of something with "dog hair" in it...... it seems to be every where in all my fermenters and buckets.
Any one else?

I named a batch, "Catahoula Carolina Brown Ale" after my Catahoula Carolina mix.

I named a batch, "Catahoula Carolina Brown Ale" after my Catahoula Carolina mix.

I won a medal with my Catahoula Brewery Hefeweizen.

I love my catahoula/sheltie mix, didnt know what she was when I adopted her from a rescue. My avatar is a puppy pic of her. Smartest, best behaved dog I ever had.

All this Catahoula talk has me excited for my trip to New Orleans this weekend! French Quarter Fest...

To stay a little more on topic, here is my label for my Kentucky Puppy Porter (which really was just the Northern Brewer Bourbon Barrel Porter kit!)

Kentucky Puppy Porter.jpg

^ Love the label! What photo software do you create that with? Been thinking about doing my own. I have paintshop pro.

edit:

I just created a test label using your format and PaintShopPro.

haha.
AximusBrownPaintshop.jpg

^ Love the label! What photo software do you create that with? Been thinking about doing my own. I have paintshop pro.

Believe it or not, I actually am just using Powerpoint 2007. It is what I am comfortable with and actually makes copying and pasting new labels super easy. I created the Birdie Brew logo by scanning/digitizing/coloring (using GIMP) a black and white cartoon of my dog that my wife drew. I then saved out a jpg of my dog and inserted into powerpoint.

You can PM your email address if you want and I can email you the ppt slide I created.

Believe it or not, I actually am just using Powerpoint 2007. It is what I am comfortable with and actually makes copying and pasting new labels super easy. I created the Birdie Brew logo by scanning/digitizing/coloring (using GIMP) a black and white cartoon of my dog that my wife drew. I then saved out a jpg of my dog and inserted into powerpoint.

You can PM your email address if you want and I can email you the ppt slide I created.

Thanks. I just rediscovered my PaintShopPro program, it's on! :D

The other thing I did was download a free rubber stamp font (link below) to add the brew and bottling dates. I really love how this looks and it is nice to keep track of these dates when bottle conditioning and celebrating brew date anniversaries!

http://www.dafont.com/stampete.font

Throw a Dog a Stone IPA.jpg

This thread reminded me of this news flash from The Onion:

Owner and founder of Fossil Bed Brewery Dave Walker, 39, reportedly struggled Saturday to find a way to work his 5-year-old Labrador retriever mix into the name of a new spiced winter ale. "I was going to just call it Puppy Weizen, but that's kind of impersonal, and technically it's not a wheat beer," said Walker, who has so far failed to find a name that captures both his pet's personality and the distinct raisin and pepper flavoring of the microbrew. "I have to do something to make it stand out on the shelf alongside Flying Dog, Sea Dog, Turbodog, Smuttynose Old Brown Dog, and Dogfish Head." At press time, Walker had yet to figure out how make his dog, Barley, a part of the beer’s name.

This thread reminded me of this news flash from The Onion:

Owner and founder of Fossil Bed Brewery Dave Walker, 39, reportedly struggled Saturday to find a way to work his 5-year-old Labrador retriever mix into the name of a new spiced winter ale. "I was going to just call it Puppy Weizen, but that's kind of impersonal, and technically it's not a wheat beer," said Walker, who has so far failed to find a name that captures both his pet's personality and the distinct raisin and pepper flavoring of the microbrew. "I have to do something to make it stand out on the shelf alongside Flying Dog, Sea Dog, Turbodog, Smuttynose Old Brown Dog, and Dogfish Head." At press time, Walker had yet to figure out how make his dog, Barley, a part of the beer’s name.

Fantastic. I always forget about The Onion. Just my type of sarcastic humor too!

Back