What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pitched Brett while in primary by pitching the dregs from a Saison-Brett and Orval.
Left in fermenter about 9 months, been bottled for a couple months.

Brett secondary in bulk un-pressurized behaves differently than it will in the bottle, but I guess you figured that out. Did it taste good when you bottled it? I've done a couple brett conditioned batches now and it's amazing how much the beer can change over time. The first one I did was overly funky at first, but going on 6 months bottled now, it's actually drinking pretty good.

Double Trouble ... Second of the growler

image-2430073597.jpg

TNGabe said:
Brett secondary in bulk un-pressurized behaves differently than it will in the bottle, but I guess you figured that out. Did it taste good when you bottled it? I've done a couple brett conditioned batches now and it's amazing how much the beer can change over time. The first one I did was overly funky at first, but going on 6 months bottled now, it's actually drinking pretty good.

I would actually like it to be more funky. I figured it would develop a little more after being bottled.
It tasted good when I bottled it, but I don't know what this wet dog character is now. Maybe I just need to give it more bottle time.

@ WesleyS, I'll ditto Gabe's comment, I've had a number of Brett beers that really didn't turn the corner until 6-12 months in bottles. Hide the rest from your present self, let your future self enjoy them!

dcHokie said:
@ WesleyS, I'll ditto Gabe's comment, I've had a number of Brett beers that really didn't turn the corner until 6-12 months in bottles. Hide the rest from your present self, let your future self enjoy them!

I'm definitely going to ignore these bottles for a long while.

TCGoose said:
Anchor steam with the brewery somewhere out there in the background.
It's a great tour if you haven't been.
NIZZLE said:
No racism intended I myself love fried chicken with watermelon.

What has been reported cannot be unreported. I expect it will probably result in a ban, followed by another ban. You may want to start an account on Beer Forum now in preparation.

It's a great tour if you haven't been.

What has been reported cannot be unreported. I expect it will probably result in a ban, followed by another ban. You may want to start an account on Beer Forum now in preparation.

You will be banished for one month to Arkansas where there are little to no craft breweries and no alcohol sales on Sunday! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE HORROR!!!!!

Please could you ask the beer gods to find it their Hoppy hearts to forgive me this one time :-D

Ostomo517 said:
You will be banished for one month to Arkansas where there are little to no craft breweries and no alcohol sales on Sunday! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE HORROR!!!!!

True, and state regulations mandate that beer not exceed 3% ABV/volume ;)

Swarley88, I opened another one. I'll be so sad to see this stuff go. It is without a doubt the best stout I've ever had.

image-3745675648.jpg

And my dad brought me one of these today from Chicago.

image-895162404.jpg

Swarley88, I opened another one. I'll be so sad to see this stuff go. It is without a doubt the best stout I've ever had.

And my dad brought me one of these today from Chicago.

I have one single can left :(. I am already sad. I agree one of the best, so, so good.

DisturbdChemist said:
Maybe you can spare me a hog island. ...

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!
You must be high! ;)
If I ever get a hold of more, though, we'll definitely talk.

Swarley88 said:
I have one single can left :(. I am already sad. I agree one of the best, so, so good.

I'm down to two. I wish it was two cases instead of just two cans.

Back