What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A glass of our Syrah ... almost 8 months in the bottle now and very drinkable!

image-2849897579.jpg

My Belgian golden with Brett.

image-1080424322.jpg

Wow, this is not getting better since being bottled. The aroma is nice and the flavor up front is good, but that fades to a wet dog flavor. I'm not going to touch another bottle of this for a long time.

My Belgian golden with Brett.

View attachment 129689

Wow, this is not getting better since being bottled. The aroma is nice and the flavor up front is good, but that fades to a wet dog flavor. I'm not going to touch another bottle of this for a long time.

How long has it been, what brett did you use, and how much did you add?

nukebrewer said:
Been a couple months since I had this. Somehow it seems more hoppy than the last time I had it.

Wow small world I'll be having the same thing from the same glass ware in a bit. But mine is from a growler ;)

ethos IPA from TALLGRASS! if you are a fan of hops of IPA type beers, this ones for you! the smell if very hoppy and piney before you try it, then the taste hits you and its all hops! it is still balanced well but it has a bitter bit, hoppy taste and is very delicious! if you have not had one of these you are missing out, but i am not :)

2013-06-19 17.42.01.jpg

Just went down to the cellar to grab a HB milk chocolate stout and I noticed that the porter I brewed Sunday still doesn't have any active fermentation happening. The airlock smelled a bit funky. Does not bode well. I most liky under pitched as I neglected to use a starter. I guess this will be a funky porter. At least I have my MCS!

image-263563387.jpg

My Simcoed-out American Red. Pretty sure the American red and coffee brown kegs won't make it through the weekend. I have a pale ale in the ferm chamber and brewing a 5% stout (yeast starter for a Hunahpu-ish imperial stout in a few weeks) this weekend. Ferm chamber fits 2 buckets, Hunahpu-ish will be in there a long time. Guess now is as good a time as any to try to brew saisons. Hopefully they like the 90+ degree garage.

That's awesome. I have four of these in the fridge waiting to get devoured. Haven't touched one and it's been 3 days. Shame on me.

Did you hear Devil Dancer's coming to CT soon? Chick at the store today saw me holding the Double Trouble and let me know. Very excited for that.

TNGabe said:
How long has it been, what brett did you use, and how much did you add?

I pitched Brett while in primary by pitching the dregs from a Saison-Brett and Orval.
Left in fermenter about 9 months, been bottled for a couple months.

Back