Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And no..bacon has no gluten...what can give it gluten is food safe lubricants for equipment..my nephew has Cilliacs...I have to live gluten free when he visits..I have special pots and pans to use..and special dishes for him..

Beer Store Employee: "People come in here asking for New Glarus all the time (in Missouri)"

Customer from Wisconsin: "Why would you want Spotted Cow so bad?"

I like Spotted Cow, but I don't think that's what people are asking for...

Took a six pack of a black saison I'd made as a white elephant gift to a family Christmas party and had to tune everyone's questions out. Just nod and agree with whatever they may have been saying. I very well may have told them I made it in the bath tub and it's both gluten free and hypoallergenic. Some if them might actually be under the impression that I just dumped some molasses and bread yeast into a pitcher of pbr. I quickly fled the scene before a second onslaught of questions could follow.

Took a six pack of a black saison I'd made as a white elephant gift to a family Christmas party and had to tune everyone's questions out. Just nod and agree with whatever they may have been saying. I very well may have told them I made it in the bath tub and it's both gluten free and hypoallergenic. Some if them might actually be under the impression that I just dumped some molasses and bread yeast into a pitcher of pbr. I quickly fled the scene before a second onslaught of questions could follow.

I'm going to assume that to a number of these folks the words coming out of your mouth doesn't matter near as much as whatever "truth" they are making up. some of my family is real bad like that. stating facts is double talk wizardry to them. you've done the right thing, but you must stay hidden for a few days or there will be more questions.:mug:

Well, having been in the teacher's position before in college, I'd have corrected their misbeliefs in a New York second. I just can't resist correcting such falsehoods they may pass on as facts that could wind up making someone sick or worse. Why lie when telling the truth is so much more fun?!

let me answer your question with another question, "How many Abodiginols do you see male modeling?"

OK .... well I had to look that word up to be sure what it was. I still don't know because the only thing that came up was this thread. Leave it to Billy Klubb to punch me in the brain berries!

2014-12-31-07-46-27.jpg

I just googled 'Abodiginols' to verify my memory of the word and this thread was the third thing to pop up on Google. Not bad for something posted 18 hours earlier.

Lol I just posted about it but I used yahoo and it was the only thing to come up..... need to start reading the whole thread before posting. Billy Klubb is famous and has whole a page dedicated to his new word.

It's a quote from Zoolander, a corruption of the term aborigine. :D Leave it to billy klub to nail your brain berries...

I figured on the aborigine but I had to be sure. As for zoolander I think we rented that but I don't remember it at all now I feel even dumber. ..... damn berries!:confused:

I had a horrible nightmare last night. I was brewing an IPA with a friend, and, after all the hop additions, I forgot my kettle was on the burner! It boiled a full three hours before I realized what had happened! Afterward, my wort was horribly bitter, and all I had on hand to fix the whole mess was 1oz of Citra!

Before someone snarky chimes in to ask what I overheard about beer, the answer is that it was my own screams as I awoke from that Hell.:drunk:

Overheard at Total Wine. Customer: what is it with all the beer in cans? Salesman: its what some new breweries are doing because its cheaper, helps them get started until they can buy bottling equipment.

Overheard at Total Wine. Customer: what is it with all the beer in cans? Salesman: its what some new breweries are doing because its cheaper, helps them get started until they can buy bottling equipment.

Dealing with packaging issues on a daily basis, I would NOT have been able to hold my tongue!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Beer in cans SUCKS! I would rather drink pond water than canned beer.

Old Milwaulkee's Best Light only comes in cans, need I say more!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Beer in cans SUCKS! I would rather drink pond water than canned beer.

....Plenty of good craft beer in cans.

Just pour it into a glass before you drink it.

Canning is actually more expensive to get started on than bottling in a purchase situation.

Mobile canning services use cans becaise they dont break easily, don't cost a lot to haul around (besides bulk) and the shrink wraps are customizable beyond paper labels for bottles.

Now for my funny, while purchasing The Abyss:

Cashier: This better get you wrecked at $22 a bottle.
Me: If you drank enough, they would.
Cashier: How much is "enough"?
Me: You have to know the secret handshake... (walks out).

Muhahahahahahaha!

Ok, I didn't really say that.

Me: If the point is to get drunk, there are far more economical and easy ways to accomplish that mission.

I assume the look on his face would have been similar if I went with the handshake line.

At local today stocking up a bit for the Holiday. A salesman and a customer were talking about a local brewery, and the employee said that said local brewery uses cheap ingredients and butter fat in their beer, which gives it a weird, funky taste.

Customer: Yeah, don't they also not pasteurize their beers?
Employee:Yup, that's part of it too. I don't like those beers with stuff on the bottom. Same thing with Bell's brewery, so we have to keep our entire stock of those breweries refrigerated.

Except for all of that Chimay, Duvel, and the Hanssen's Artisanal Oude Geuze sitting on the shelf 6 feet away :rolleyes:

Furious, Abrasive, Zombie Monkey, Old Chub,Cynic, Coffee Bender, Buffalo Sweat, 3 Beans, Velvet Rooster just to name a few...

Could be.

It's funny, I hand her a drink every now and again and won't tell her what it is in an effort to get a more honest review. She always says it smells like bacon.

Every. Single. Time.

It's not every brew I make but my daughter says about 75% of my batches "smells like soy sauce!" as she wrinkles nose.

She's a trooper though, and she has helped me bottle all of my batches in 2014.

It's not every brew I make but my daughter says about 75% of my batches "smells like soy sauce!" as she wrinkles nose.

She's a trooper though, and she has helped me bottle all of my batches in 2014.

Well, then you gotta stop adding that 'secret ingredient'.

john_dies_at_the_end_soy_sauce_pills_by_sch1itzie-d4i974m.jpg

I was thinking back and one I said before I learned myself up some on beers was "Michelob Amber Bock is a light beer drinkers dark beer"

Canning is actually more expensive to get started on than bottling in a purchase situation.

Mobile canning services use cans becaise they dont break easily, don't cost a lot to haul around (besides bulk) and the shrink wraps are customizable beyond paper labels for bottles.

True about the fact that canning is more expensive equipment than bottling, but even bottling is very expensive.

However, respectfully, mobile canning companies exist because of the demand for them, not because the cans are more durable than glass, etc. While some breweries do use plain cans that can have a shrink wrap label pressed around it, most don't. They buy pre-printed cans, which are almost always shipped directly to them and not to the mobile packaging company. The mobile canning guys that service us only warehouse cans for ONE of their clients, and those are preprinted cans. The client just doesn't have the warehouse space to keep them in.

Buying pre-printed cans is a VERY expensive proposition; the minimum order is a truck load... we're talking enough cans to do in the ballpark of 300 bbls. Depending on the amount of beer being packaged for retail, it could take some small breweries as much as 6 months to go through that.

The customer that asked the question was standing right in front of basically a pallet load of Cigar City beers. Knowing just how passionate they are about their canning line made this really funny to me

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Saw this online today:

"Booze-y than I expected."

Talking about Avery Tweak at 17.81% ABV...really?

thatjonguy, that reminds me of the first time I offered one of my friends one of my stronger barleywines. I told him repeatedly that it was a sipping beer and that the ABV was about 3X that of a normal beer.

I poured him a glass (should have split it into two), and he take a big BMC gulp and gasps, "Dude, that leaves a taste in my mouth like bourbon! You must have messed that up, surely it isn't supposed to taste like that...and damn. That's bitter too". On the other side of this coin, I gave few bottles to my brother to take home out-of-state and taste with some of his beer connoisseur friends. He called back and told me they would offer me any price if I would sell them some. I politely declined, of course, but was glad to have the compliment.

Was brewing this weekend, a buddy and his bro in law came over in the middle of the boil. Said it smelled strong. Told him he could drink the whole thing and would be sober as a skunk. Asked when I added the alcohol.

Was brewing this weekend, a buddy and his bro in law came over in the middle of the boil. Said it smelled strong. Told him he could drink the whole thing and would be sober as a skunk. Asked when I added the alcohol.

i thought the saying is "drunk as a skunk"...although sober makes more sense as i've never known a skunk to drink.

Latest posts

Back