Swap-O-Rama #3, ANTI LOCAL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, this is closed. I'm doing the drawing right now and will send addresses shortly!

got mine too. and since I have to "deliver" first before my package is even shipped I gotta get going quickly ;) Hopefully I'll have everything ready by Monday.

Will the be some sort of summary at the end? Like who got who, pictures and stuff?

grze said:
got mine too. and since I have to "deliver" first before my package is even shipped I gotta get going quickly ;) Hopefully I'll have everything ready by Monday.

Will the be some sort of summary at the end? Like who got who, pictures and stuff?

Have fun! :ban:

If you check out the threads from the first two rounds, you'll quickly find that the answer to your question is "yes" :mug:

Got the PM. I have to say, I'm really excited about sending beer to the person I got based on the distribution map. I can send all kinds of good stuff that he can't get regularly!

Well I'm mostly done shopping. I was planning on doing 2 cans or bottles of most but I keep finding more good stuff, beer problems haha. Glad I came to Austin this weekend.

Ready to go shopping now.....and lucky Im matched up with someone I can see lots of other posts to see most desired also. Makes it easy to focus on the best stuff to buy......lets hope the good stuff is in stock

to those who did it before? which containers are you buying in? cans? 12oz bottles? 22oz bottles? mixed? I just want to keep my Georgia recipient happy :)

I know it fair game, but looking for a little input from those participating. Would you rather receive :

1. 18 beers of varying styles from 18 different breweries (or as many as I can get that you can't), or
2. 18 beers of varying styles from the same 4 or 5 breweries.

With option 1 you get exposure to many breweries, but only 1 style from that place. I could see getting a bad impression of a brewery if you don't happen to like that one.

With option 2 you get fewer breweries, but you might like their IPA and their Amber, but not their Hefe.

I've done my shopping already. I went mostly with beers from the only two local places that have a very small distribution area and a few favorites from local places that have a much bigger area of distribution. None are available in the state I'm sending them to though (at least according to the brew finder website).

I know it fair game, but looking for a little input from those participating. Would you rather receive :

1. 18 beers of varying styles from 18 different breweries (or as many as I can get that you can't), or

With option 1 you get exposure to many breweries, but only 1 style from that place. I could see getting a bad impression of a brewery if you don't happen to like that one.

With option 2 you get fewer breweries, but you might like their IPA and their Amber, but not their Hefe.

Option 2. Now I know I don't like their hefe for future reference.

I actually plan on doing a little of both. 3 or 4 from a few breweries and then miscellaneous singles from others.

Me too, especially from breweries that will probably never make it where they are going...

Got the PM. I have to say, I'm really excited about sending beer to the person I got based on the distribution map. I can send all kinds of good stuff that he can't get regularly!

Same here. I'm in Portland, so I could even go to Walmart and get killer beers that my recipient doesn't have access to. My guy is lucky for what he's getting. Stoked!

I actually plan on doing a little of both. 3 or 4 from a few breweries and then miscellaneous singles from others.

I'm going to do the same. I have some small local breweries with very good beer, but a couple don't package unfortunately. A few do, however and I'll be sending some of that. I also have access to a few good ones from slightly larger brewers that my recipient can't get according to that distribution website. This is my first swap and I can't wait to get started!

Latest posts

Back