Swap-O-Rama #3, ANTI LOCAL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm ready for a name so I can start shopping and making sure I don't buy the wrong style. I'll be heading down to Austin this weekend to see 311 so whoever I'm sending to will get more Austin & Houston beer that might not normally make it up to Dallas!

Haha, you'll get a name on Friday.

What's a ballpark shipping cost for one of these hauls? I understand it can vary quite a bit, but any one care to share an average cost?

Indytruks138 said:
I know, I'm just being impatient haha.

When people ship cans do you bother with wrapping in bubble wrap or just the normal packing paper/peanuts in the box?

Lolz someone will be bitting their nails waiting for their swap. I usually wrap cans if its in a big box. If its a couple, plastic baggies with plenty of packing. It really whatever you feel suited to make the journey. After you pack, and before you tape. Shake it a few times. No noise and movement is usually a sign its packed really good. Also try to make sure there is some soft of cushioning on the sides of the box.

What's a ballpark shipping cost for one of these hauls? I understand it can vary quite a bit, but any one care to share an average cost?

Your on the east coast...shipping along the coast shouldn't be too bad. $20-30. To the West coast though, could run $40-50.

All figures based on hyrulian rupees.

TheMan said:
Your on the east coast...shipping along the coast shouldn't be too bad. $20-30. To the West coast though, could run $40-50.

I'm so lost with all thaws equations

Of course. :p thanks.

Probably sounded like dumb question, but I rarely ship anything.

Wtf, I'll play. Sign me up.

Quick question. Of the 200oz we are sending, can any of the beers be repeats or should each beer be different?

I think one of the benefits of joining this is to get as many different things to try as possible. I'd say no more than two of the same beer.

I think one of the benefits of joining this is to get as many different things to try as possible. I'd say no more than two of the same beer.

Well, I will certainly try but can't guarantee anything, I have no beer stores within 100 miles that allow build your own sixer.

Shoot. I overlooked the "no more noobs allowed" post. Please keep me in mind if you need a sub. I'll wait on the bench.

If I have to, it's okay, I'll take more then two Dark Lords...

In all seriousness, if someone can't fulfill the requests or are not able to fill the 200 oz minimum with quality then they should not join. This isn't for everyone and keep in mind, it gets very pricey to buy and ship all of the good stuff.

If I have to, it's okay, I'll take more then two Dark Lords...

In all seriousness, if someone can't fulfill the requests or are not able to fill the 200 oz minimum with quality then they should not join. This isn't for everyone and keep in mind, it gets very pricey to buy and ship all of the good stuff.

Alright, I am out. I don't want any bad juju because of my lack of access to a variety of awesome beers. I certainly don't want to disappoint this community. North Dakota is sort of behind the 8 ball for this, most breweries that distribute here also cover a buttload of other states.

Sorry for any inconveinence.

As you were.

Also: prost!

(Let just forgot about this post, nothing to see here...move along.)

Stop it. You dont get out once youre in. You send what you can, and your recipient is happy that its beer he couldnt normally have gotten. Its not about sending the biggest, baddest, rarest, most dopalicious beers on earth and/or pluto. Its about gettng something you cant go down to the corner and buy.

thatjonguy said:
Alright, I am out. I don't want any bad juju because of my lack of access to a variety of awesome beers. I certainly don't want to disappoint this community. North Dakota is sort of behind the 8 ball for this, most breweries that distribute here also cover a buttload of other states.

Sorry for any inconveinence.

As you were.

Also: prost!

You get 17 beers that I can't get. This isn't the MAW thread. The best shelf beers of your region is what should be sent no?

I guess I am still in as Mikey said. Hopefully I don't end with someone that has almost the same distro I get.

Now as you were.

Look at it this way....you send out the BEST 200 oz you can get thats not available to your recipient. If he's not grateful, you have one less person to consider for swaps in the future. WINNNNNNN

Look at it this way....you send out the BEST 200 oz you can get thats not available to your recipient. If he's not grateful, you have one less person to consider for swaps in the future. WINNNNNNN

Thanks Mikey!

And nothing says you can't send a few bombers of awesome stuff if you are hard pressed to get singles. Right?

mikeysab said:
Stop it. You dont get out once youre in. You send what you can, and your recipient is happy that its beer he couldnt normally have gotten. Its not about sending the biggest, baddest, rarest, most dopalicious beers on earth and/or pluto. Its about gettng something you cant go down to the corner and buy.

+ dopalicious.

Back