Swap-O-Rama #3, ANTI LOCAL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
swap_o_rama_gone.png

amazing...

<Insert moderately humorous package joke here>

That being said, I can't wait to ship mine! I'm still collecting....

<Insert moderately humorous package joke here>

That being said, I can't wait to ship mine! I'm still collecting....

Walked into the shipping center and the girl behind the counter said "That is a big package!" I said, yes it is. I also need to drop off this box.

Don't worry, I will be here all week.

Suggestion for a future round. We could each post up our untappd user name when we decide to participate, and the person who draws your name has to send beers that you've never checked in. Just an idea....

Suggestion for a future round. We could each post up our untappd user name when we decide to participate, and the person who draws your name has to send beers that you've never checked in. Just an idea....

I had this exact thought at the beer store today, saw a rarer beer from a big brewery that does distribute to my guy, but I didn't now if he ever had one. I passed for more local stuff.

My 200+ ounces are packed up, had to use a pretty big box, the box from the last round wouldn't fit it all. Still got a great price, half of what it was last time just by using fedex online. Thanks to everyone for the suggestion. Mine will be dropped off at fedex tomorrow, hopefully there by Friday!

MrNickVT said:
Does olive oil even make a sloshing sounds with its viscosity?

Lol... A Galilean Thermometer does, but how many times can you use that line in one month? :D

I was thinking of going with "a collection of vintage snowglobes" just for the lolz but I figured I should stick with "water filtration samples."

235 oz packed up and ready to go for a ride. Hoping my recipient never had any of it, and loves it all. Shooting for getting it out wednesday since im working till midnight tomorrow.

I always say electronics no matter the size. But I also make sure there's no sloshing noise. Ill take my business elsewhere if they decide to shake my package and listen for noises. Yes I really did say that!

mikeysab said:
235 oz packed up and ready to go for a ride. Hoping my recipient never had any of it, and loves it all. Shooting for getting it out wednesday since im working till midnight tomorrow.

Is that your whole collection of black ops then some extras ;)

Haha...its half my collection of black ops plus 210 oz of other goodies. Those black ops went quick. When i bought them, i never imagined giving them as extras.

Just wanted to add a thanks to you guys for "pressuring" me to keep participating...lol. This was super fun and I quickly realized how quick I would be way past 200 ounces.

I am more excited for my person to receive their box, than I am to receive my own!

I should finally be able to go shopping tomorrow. I haven't been in as much of a rush since I have to wait to ship mine until the PM is sent. It's always fun having an excuse to drive the 45 min to downtown where the best beer stores are.

He refused to take the shipment or you decided not to leave it with them?

Be gentle next time!! You shouldnt hear liquid thru a couple inchs of insulation if packed right!!

Turns out cologne is a hazardous material and couldn't be shipped at a fedex store.

Couple inches of insulation? I've got some massive bubble insulation all around the box, but inches? Now I'm worried.

brewmeister13 said:
Turns out cologne is a hazardous material and couldn't be shipped at a fedex store.

Couple inches of insulation? I've got some massive bubble insulation all around the box, but inches? Now I'm worried.

Commercial standard for retail shippers is 3" between bottles and 3" from exterior of box. Pretty extreme but if you adhere to that you shouldn't have a problem. That, and make sure nothing can shift/ move.

Shipping tomorrow. Looking through my recipients posts, it seems that he likes a specific style of beer that he's getting a lot of.

Package dropped off at fedex last night. Still not scanned in the system to show tracking info, but it's headed west this morning! And many thanks to the fedex online suggestion, made life easy. Even easier now that I have a stack of the packing label sleeves to put on boxes at home.

I'll try to keep you guys up to date as best I can. Looks like 4 packages have shipped. Hopefully I can get on once a day at least.

Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice from the more experienced traders of the group.

I overshot the oz limit by well over double. Any thoughts on how to pare this down? I have doubles of all of the single 12oz bottles I was going to send, and then an even split between special edition bombers and regularly brewed bombers.

Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice from the more experienced traders of the group.

I overshot the oz limit by well over double. Any thoughts on how to pare this down? I have doubles of all of the single 12oz bottles I was going to send, and then an even split between special edition bombers and regularly brewed bombers.

My suggestion is to not double up on anything if you don't need to. Then if needed, to further bring down the amount look at what you have, and think of what you would suggest your best friend to drink or what you want to drink out of it and send those.

Well over double, as in 2 cases?! lol
I would take out the doubles, duplicate styles and reg edition bombers.

Pick the BEST of the best.

I'm having trouble not including too many hoppy beers... A lot of the "good stuff" round here is hoppy. :p

I'm having trouble not including too many hoppy beers... A lot of the "good stuff" round here is hoppy. :p

One thing about doing this the first round was the exploration of different local beers and styles. I set out to try a few new things and if I liked them, I included them.

Well,since 200oz divided by 12oz equals 16.67,I hate to think of the costs involved after being double/triple padded & bagged in a large box. Or maybe rolled in small bubble wrap in a case box with seperators. Then bigger box with more large bubble wrap. I'm curious as to how y'all are shipping these?
Sounds like fun...:tank:

Back