Random Beginner Quesions...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainCool

Reaction score
I just began my second batch of cider, of course my first one turned out like still wine and i wanted it to be like cider. I was about to order some carbonation tablets because they're cheap and convenient. Heres my plan. added a cup of sugar to my gallon of cider before the primary and used red star champagne yeast. I wanted to stop the fermentation when its around 7% so its still got sweet apple flavor. I was then going to use the carbonation tablets and potassium sorbate to discontinue further fermentation when bottling.
-Do the tablets work if i use potassium sorbate? If not than i will probobly let it finish fermenting and add a little sugar for carbonation, and backsweeten with lactose or whatever the best substitute is (i don't like splenda)
- also i plan to age it a few months and do the tablets work good for making aged cider?
any corrections or reccomendations would be helpful. All this is based on my theories as to what would work. I'm not certain about what works.

Back