KMBS and Potassium Sorbate Dosing and other quick questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oyarsa

Reaction score
I am back to trying my hand at ciders after a couple of years hiatus. I have a Keezer and have been fermenting 5 gallons of cider. I wish to "back sweeten" it but have forgotten the process. Just to be safe: I should use 1/4 tsp of potassium metabisulfite powder (by Brewcraft) and 2.5 tsp of Potassium Sorbate (also Brewcraft), right? Add to the fermenter and stir, or just add at kegging with the sweetener? I wouldn't mind making it fruity of some sort, but wish to go the frozen concentrate route for ease of use. Has anyone tried the Hawaii's Own concentrates or maybe even the Bacardi concentrates? Strawberry Daiquiri cider maybe?

I do my stabilization additions by weight but don’t have my journal handy, otherwise I’d share that with you.

Assuming your volume measurements are close, I’d advocate for racking to the keg and dosing the cider at the same time. Then wait two days, at which point I’d add my back sweetening addition.

Back