Help me name my brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
I have never come up with a name I am satisfied with for my brewery. I kind of like "the Sanctuary", or "the House of Beer" but don't know. Suggestions?

Brewpastor said:
I have never come up with a name I am satisfied with for my brewery. I kind of like "the Sanctuary", or "the House of Beer" but don't know. Suggestions?

How about "Are you laughing now, beyotch!"

Or:

American Abbey Alehouse
Pastorized Products
For the Love Of God brewery
Temple of Mass Consumption
In The Name Of The Lager brewery
Grainsylvania
Brew Unto Others...
I Hate Wheat Beer

As one Pastor to another, you should dedicate your brewery to one of our Patron Saints
Augustine of Hippo
Nicholas of Myra
Saint Benedict
Saint Arnold (choice of three)
Saint Bonifac
Saint Cuthbert (technically, maltsters)
Saint Florian
etc.

Burning of Beer Witches has been optional since the 1500's. Today we just make them drink BMC.

david_42 said:
As one Pastor to another, you should dedicate your brewery to one of our Patron Saints
Augustine of Hippo
Nicholas of Myra
Saint Benedict
Saint Arnold (choice of three)
Saint Bonifac
Saint Cuthbert (technically, maltsters)
Saint Florian
etc.

Burning of Beer Witches has been optional since the 1500's. Today we just make them drink BMC.

I do have an Augustine of Hippo candle in the brewery!

patronsaint.jpg

How about "The Chapel"....

Hey it sounds good doesn't it.... "I'm at 'The Chapel' every single day pouring my heart out...."

Beer Snob said:
How about "The Chapel"....

Hey it sounds good doesn't it.... "I'm at 'The Chapel' every single day pouring my heart out...."

Towards that end I should call it "The Study" as in "I have some things to do in "the Study"

Well, the Sanctuary, I think, only turns me on for one possibility: the brewery's tag line could be:

"It'll Help You Reach An Altar-ed State"

Dude, I love myself so much.

Cheesefood said:
Ye Olde Drunk Alterboy

Ah...no..... there's been way too many stories of Alterboys over the years.... and combinng the name with "drunk" couldnt help neither.... :fro:

Beer Snob said:
Ah...no..... there's been way too many stories of Alterboys over the years.... and combinng the name with "drunk" couldnt help neither.... :fro:
Know how to get a nun pregnant? Dress her up as an alterboy...:drunk:

Sorry, I thought I was on the drunken ramblin' thread again...

How about Rio Grande Brewing? haha, kidding. I still have one of your original pint glasses in my cupboard that must be 5-10 yrs old.

Seriously... Covenant Malt Meeting House or Calvin Ale's

I'm shocked no one (including me) has figured out how to work Heavenly into a name . . .

Best I can come up with is St. Cerveza Brewing

glibbidy said:
How about Rio Grande Brewing? haha, kidding. I still have one of your original pint glasses in my cupboard that must be 5-10 yrs old.

Seriously... Covenant Malt Meeting House or Calvin Ale's

Cool, where did you get it? Is it multi colored or single? The rare ones are single color black and single color white, although the multi-color are nicer looking.

Brewpastor said:
Cool, where did you get it? Is it multi colored or single? The rare ones are single color black and single color white, although the multi-color are nicer looking.

I have a multi colored one... white skull, black outline, red letters filled in a blue oval, or something like that. I got it from the other Mike at Tractor, who is a college buddy of mine.

glibbidy said:
I have a multi colored one... white skull, black outline, red letters filled in a blue oval, or something like that. I got it from the other Mike at Tractor, who is a college buddy of mine.

Mike Campbell... the stories that could be told, from both sides. I will have to tell him about this conversation. But don't believe a word he says about me...

I was referring to the other Mike, Mike Jamison AKA, Mouse. I could could tell a few stories about Mike and Cheryl as well. It's amazing the hijinx that goes on in the high desert:drunk:

Is there any shred of truth to his latest GABF stories? Come to think of it, we may have met at the 97 or 98 GABF, if you made the drive with Campbell.:rockin:

Mike Jamison, I know him as well. Yes the is a crowd! I rode back from GABF with the Campbells one of those years. It is a bit hazy as are most GABFs.

Latest posts

Back