co2 tank inside or outside?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pretzelb

Reaction score
Any pros or cons for placing the co2 tank inside or outside the keezer except for freeing up space? SWMBO wants me to check.

I keep mine inside because the SWMBO said it looked like crap on the outside (keezer is in my family room...). The beer doesn't care where you put it, as long as it's upright.

No real difference. It affects the CO2 inside which will throw off your tank gauge (not the keg gauges) but that gauge is never really useful anyway, lol. As far as performance and how much is used it is the same as far as I know.

I put mine outside, there's more room now for me to manipulate kegs, lines, fans, etc when changing kegs or mopping out the inside. I plan on eventually putting the co2 tank in the basement, and running a line up through the wall so the tank isn't present next to the keezer.

I used to have mine inside, but had leak issues (not the tanks fault) so I keep it outside for now and charge my kegs when they need it. Eventually I'll get off my duff and run a through-wall into the kegerator. I still want it outside because I have little room in my kegerator for anything extra.

About the only difference will be the pressure reading on the tank gauge and that is only useful when the tank starts to get empty.

I put mine on the inside so my drunk a$$ don't trip on it on the way to the kegerator :)

Both - One keezer has it outside, plumbed through teh collar.
Other keezer is inside, and the kegerator is inside.

It really makes no difference at all. If you don't need the room, inside is easier because you don't have to get the line out of the cooler. If you want the room for other stuff, put it outside :)

If you do put it inside, put some duct tape over the high pressure gauge ;)
Or just forget it's there and never look at it...

Mine is outside, mostly because it doesn't fit inside my Sanyo. It's also a nice and shiny aluminum model, which makes it easy on the eyes.

Latest posts

Back