bottle bombs... is there a timeline?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CROM

Reaction score
Im worried about some bottle bombs, but Im curious, if it makes it past a certain amount of time is it safe?

like if my bottles make it past 3 weeks is it likely they will be fine by then? or can they still blow up after that?

I bottled 1 2 little plastic bottle along with my glass bottles, and the plastic bottle feels more carbonated than soda pop!

If the plastic wrap on the soda bottle is stretched tight, then I'd be worried.

Normally if your bottles have made it past three weeks or so, the bottle conditioning is most likely done (unless you made a high gravity beer, in which case it could take a few months.) Once you've passed that point if nothing blew up it probably won't.

You should still be really careful with the first few you open. Get them as cold as you can (in the fridge right under the vent) and open them in the sink.

Yeah, if its made it past the three weeks, chances are, you are OK. Most people around here follow the 3 weeks at 70F rule, so you should be good to go.

ive never had a glass bottle blow up but ive over primed some beer and opeaned it warm. that was a mistake, i was cleaning beer of the celing and every where else within a 10ft radius of the bottle.

Back