my brewing rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you get good flame adjustment with those ball valves? I used needle valves, they were cheaper and more adjustable. If you turned the manifold 90* pointing under the stand you would still have access to the valves and open up a lot of space on the bottom shelf. Just a thought.

Hey, I saw where you said you used needle valves on your brew rig.. where did you find them/ how much were they.. thanks!

I just picked up my 2x2 SS for my BT. 3 bills and change for it all cut and ready to weld. I knew I was gonna take a hit on it but it's worth it. any advice on where to buy pumps?

You can get the March 809 on Ebay for $110 with free shipping anytime almost. I picked up 2 more this week for my new build, $220 shipped.

March809.JPG

Started building one of these for aekdbbop this weekend,

Heres the pics. all we have left is to mount the burners, heatsheilds, and some paint.
(sorry for the low quality iphone pictures lol)
photo%284%29.jpg

photo%285%29.jpg

If you dont mind me asking Kevinkaseykizer - how much did you pay in materials? Is there anyway you can break out the costs? I am in the market to finally build my own structure.

Thanks in advance!

Cheap flux core welders from Northern Tool and Harbor freight work just fine :)

as for learning, read up on the internet, then get a bunch of scrap metal. Its truely not hard, just gotta watch your wire speed

Cool, it something I've always wanted to learn to do. This spring I'll be putting up a 20x20 shop, so I may just have to outfit it with a welder.

I know I'm new here and have been lurking around for a while but welding and welders is something I did a bunch of research on before I purchased mine. From all the research I did the consensus on welders was that you get what you pay for.

The harbor frieght style ones might work for your project but it might die in the middle of it also. If your looking to spend the least amount of money I think you would be better off looking locally on craigslist for a good used name brand unit. Usualy you can get them with all the tanks, masks and extra wire for a fraction of the cost. I got a 220V namebrand unit with three tanks and three large rolls of free wire for $300!

Hope this helps and since its been a month and half since your post I hope it's usefull.

Mark

http://www.harborfreight.com/90-amp-flux-wire-welder-98871.html

Would a welder like this work for making a brew stand?

I have this welder. It will absolutely work for building a brew stand, but don't expect the welds to look pretty. You'll need to hit them with the grinder afterwards. I don't weld often, so it wasn't worth spending 3-5x more on a decent gas shielded unit- I'm fine with taking out the grinder and cleaning up the welds for a few seconds a piece.

Back