Greetings from North Central Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

memphomaniac

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, Beer Folks.

I post on a barbecue forum with Jonnio, and he hipped me to this place. I'm glad he did. I've learned more here already just having read a few days than I did during my first attempt at home brewing.

I tried brewing about eight years ago while I was in grad school and had very little success. I suspect that the lack of sanitary conditions in my bachelor pad apartment had a lot to do with it, but I'm sure there were many bad practices that led to my bad beer and my finally laying down the hobby.

I've wanted to get back into it and have started collecting equipment and research. I never liked bottling much, so I've decided to go the kegging route. I had intended to convert a freezer my father in-law had, but when we plugged it in, it didn't respond positively. I happened to find a Sanyo 4912 for $50 on Craigslist a couple days ago and will use it initially to hold a couple kegs, and I hope to eventually add a tower.

I live near Gainesville, FL, but I'm a native of West Tennessee. I work as a technical writer for a medical software company, teach writing at at a community college, and I cook a lot of barbecue. I'm married and have a five-year-old young'un.

Thanks for all the conversation and knowledge here, and I look forward to brewing some great beer with your help.

Randall

Hey Randall
I live near Tallahassee, there is a cool bar in gainsville Stubbys they have so many beers I get confuzed something like 400+. Welcome to the board.
Nick

Thanks for the new welcomes, guys. I didn't notice the new posts on this thread for some reason.

gunnyg, I've been reading that hops thread and just got a couple rhizomes in.

caver95, have heard a lot about that place, but I haven't made it down there. Heard too that there's a German restaurant associated with it now. It's definitely on my list.

Back