What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billy-Klubb said:
Just had my last Overrated! from Surly. now on to a Resin, courtesy of eandersen!

hey Mr. Andersen, did you try the Horehound Belgian Strong yet? don't sugar coat it. I likes the honesty.

Haven't got to the Horehound yet, it'll probably be on the schedule for tomorrow though.
I am however currently drinking the simcoe pale...goes down soooo easy.

Dear New Glarus,

Please sell your beer outside of Wisconsin.

Sincerely,
The rest of the country

1002993_10151654154733700_723263913_n.jpg

$10/4 pack makes this a relative bargain for an oak aged sour. Very good stuff!

Man, I want that stuff!

Carb sample of the rye saison I bottled on Sunday. 2.5lbs flaked rye in a 5 gallon batch, bittered with Columbus and used Saphir for late additions. The rye is there and nice and the finish is dry just how I like. If I rebrew, I will add some white pepper though.

ForumRunner_20130822_184242.png

image-463678035.jpg

HB Chocolate Rye Stout. I used a pound of chocolate rye in a 2.5gal batch, definitely a different flavor than regular chocolate malt. Next time I will split chocolate rye with chocolate malt. chocolate rye, to me, seems much more like milk chocolate than what you get from regular chocolate malt. It seems to get hidden behind the roast.

Man, I want that stuff!

It's pretty similar to Jolly Pumpkin LaRoja at 1/3 the price. It's sour, but not face melting sour. Get some before it's gone. They might not brew it again.

I think it's one of the cheapest sour beers on the market, but it doesn't taste cheap at all.

Get some Serendipity too. More fruity, less sour and deee-licious. I have to drive a couple hours round trip to get it and it's worth the drive.

Maybe you can trade a Wisconsiner for some Odell? I'd hook you up, but I only have one Wild Sour Ale left and don't plan on going to WI for quite a while.

Cheers!

Have to catch up here i was busy making pizza's all night. So far ive had 4 AK-47 pale mild HBs, a shipyard IPA, and now onto a deschutes black butte porter. pizza goes great with brews :D

Damn, those are some fine looking 'zas. And good brew to wash them down.

Makes my evening kind of pale in comparison. Chinese take-out and a Woodchuck pear cider.

Chinese sounds great right now! that first one is standard pepperoni but the crust is coated in butter/oregano/Parmesan. The second one is a little alfredo, buffalo sauced chicken, habanero jack and mozzarella :D first one if better but the second one has amazing flavors and is spicy

3726 FTW !!! Thank you times a million Gabe this is no doubt my best saison yet!!!!! And crystal clear too :rockin:

That is some awesome yeast - I didn't even really notice (or care) that the gravity sample was flat!

Have to catch up here i was busy making pizza's all night. So far ive had 4 AK-47 pale mild HBs, a shipyard IPA, and now onto a deschutes black butte porter. pizza goes great with brews :D

Did you slam that Parmesan, Remmy style? :D

val214 said:
Wow.... This a solid triple.

When you said triple, I immediately thought Belgian Triple. But Devil Dancer is definitely not a Belgain Triple! That's a pretty tasty triple IPA!

Deschutes was on sale at Safeway for $7 a sixer, so tonight was Mirror Pond, River Ale, and Obsidian, two of each, and a 3rd River ale whilst typing this. Not sure there's a more consistently great, widely available brewer than Deschutes.
-Dude

The coff! Might make a growler run to NEBCO today. They have a 3.9% abv Belgian Pale Ale brewed with Amarillo, Simcoe, and Nelson hops and Gandhi. Decisions. :tank::rockin:

I hope that in about 3 weeks I can start adding to this thread. I could now but it would be with.... water, coffee, and Monsters. First pint when I get home will be posted. Wonder what Indianapolis International Airport has to offer? Three Floyd's would be great.

nukebrewer said:
Having beer at the Sam Adams tour. So far we've had Boston Lager and Summer Ale.

How ridiculous does it get there? Went to brooklyn brewery last week on saturday and a huge hive of hipsters flooded the place 5 minutes after me and the lady got there. We didnt even want to go on the tour once we saw how
Many ppl we going on it. I just drank a $hit load of good beer while the missus sipped her summer ale and watched my ability to drive slip away sip by sip haha :drunk:

Enjoy the tour man let me know if its worth the trip.

Cheers

mitchwfsu said:
Tried their Ellie's Brown Ale tonight too. Not bad. Beer in the glass in the back is our local Jai Alai. One of my favorites.

I like everything cigar city makes. Just tried their cucumber Saison a couple days ago. Jai alai is also one of my favs

How ridiculous does it get there? Went to brooklyn brewery last week on saturday and a huge hive of hipsters flooded the place 5 minutes after me and the lady got there. We didnt even want to go on the tour once we saw how
Many ppl we going on it. I just drank a $hit load of good beer while the missus sipped her summer ale and watched my ability to drive slip away sip by sip haha :drunk:

Enjoy the tour man let me know if its worth the trip.

Cheers

It wasn't too crazy. There were about 50 people on our 1000 tour and they all seemed fairly normal. From where you are the tour by itself isn't worth it, but there's a $hit ton of other stuff to do in Boston.

We also had an Independence IPA at the tour and now we're at Doyle's having Boston Brick Red for the free glass.

ForumRunner_20130823_120257.jpg

Back