What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remmy said:
Good beer. I'd buy more. But not as tasty as some of my favorite stouts. Not as bold.

Waiting for my favorite Sierra to arrive--- Celebration Ale.

I ha celebration on tap last xmas and it was phenomenal mightve been the freshest hoppy beer ive ever had. Bought a sixer the next day was so disappointed. It was still good but after that pint the bottles couldnt hold a candle to
It.

I ha celebration on tap last xmas and it was phenomenal mightve been the freshest hoppy beer ive ever had. Bought a sixer the next day was so disappointed. It was still good but after that pint the bottles couldnt hold a candle to
It.

I love that ****!

It's about time for another beer. Hmm.

Heady Topper or RuinTen out of a red Solo cup? I'm just not sure. Decisions.

Swarley88 said:
Had that after work today with my boss.

How was your head this morning? ;)

This is like a glass of hops. Time to switch to savor mode :)

image-1183472410.jpg

Swarley88 said:
Had that after work today with my boss.

Leubega said:
Man that stuff is no joke. I slammed it down too quick to realize how great it gets when it warms up a little. Had to grab a couple more to put some age on em

Swarley88 said:
Im looking for more around here to put some age on em. Hopefully less of the alcohol heat and more pecan notes shine through.

This one took me awhile to finish. I can still feel the alcohol burn! This should age at least another year. Maybe 3. I must say you can definitely feel it after you toss the bomber in the bin!

WesleyS said:
I wonder who you got that from? ;)
Tis a great brew. I will be bugging you for more In the future if you don't mind!

tyzippers said:
Looks good my friend!

Btw, your box should be going out Monday. Sorry I've been dragging my feet. :-/
Thanks bro!
Ain't a problem man. I have nothing but time and beer. Lot's of beer!

Now this is the true collaboration. A 1/2 double brown stout mixed with the last third of the woot stout. It is pretty damn wicked.

image-97791703.jpg

Just had my last Overrated! from Surly. now on to a Resin, courtesy of eandersen!

hey Mr. Andersen, did you try the Horehound Belgian Strong yet? don't sugar coat it. I likes the honesty.

3726 FTW !!! Thank you times a million Gabe this is no doubt my best saison yet!!!!! And crystal clear too :rockin:

I'm having some 3726 saison now myself. It flocs out quite well. Does this yeast make my hatred for 3711 make sense? Not finicky at all, not estery, pleasant pepper. Best thing about it is that if you wait 6 months it will get funky, like mildly brett funky. Only sacc strain I've used that does that. I got a bottle of saison from DCHokie that I think was a year or so old and I had to ask him if it had brett in it, which is funny because I've always given people a hard time for asking me that about beers with this strain.

More HB John Daly while I unpacked what's left of my vacay bottle take. Just laid some De Dolle, Kuhnhenn 2011 Winter Wonder and Jolly Pumpkin 2012 Calabaza de Noel down for a long winters nap :D

ForumRunner_20130822_202757.jpg

The only thing worse than pumpkin beer is pumpkin beer with a pumpkin reference in the name.

I'm gonna make you a pumpkin saison with 3711 that's way over pitched & fermented too cool. then I'm gonna name it "Gabe's Pumpkilicious 3000 XE". I'll send you 1 bottled in one of those giant Bud Brewmasters Series swing tops and then the rest to our colleagues & peers exclaiming with exuberance that you brewed it. :tank:

More HB John Daly while I unpacked what's left of my vacay bottle take. Just laid some De Dolle, Kuhnhenn 2011 Winter Wonder and Jolly Pumpkin 2012 Calabaza de Noel down for a long winters nap :D

View attachment 143534

What De Dolle stuff did you get?

I'm gonna make you a pumpkin saison with 3711 that's way over pitched & fermented too cool. then I'm gonna name it "Gabe's Pumpkilicious 3000 XE". I'll send you 1 bottled in one of those giant Bud Brewmasters Series swing tops and then the rest to our colleagues & peers exclaiming with exuberance that you brewed it. :tank:

Thankfully I have neither. I'll probably make a wild beer with pumpkin just for giggles. I can't remember what JP's is called but it's good and a place in NC made a really good one a year or two ago.

Thankfully I have neither. I'll probably make a wild beer with pumpkin just for giggles. I can't remember what JP's is called but it's good and a place in NC made a really good one a year or two ago.

Got a couple Oerbier. And the JP one is La Parcela #1. And today I find out the shop I got it at is now carrying The Bruery so just a matter of time till it around here :ban:

FermentNEthinG said:
Tis a great brew. I will be bugging you for more In the future if you don't mind!

Thanks bro!
Ain't a problem man. I have nothing but time and beer. Lot's of beer!

Now this is the true collaboration. A 1/2 double brown stout mixed with the last third of the woot stout. It is pretty damn wicked.

It is definitely good stuff.
That sounds like an interesting combo. I didn't see any of that Wootstout here. If it did make it here, I never saw it. That and the coconut IPA. I buy too much beer anyway, so it might be a good thing I never found either of them. :D

All this talk of pumpkin beers is making me want a Pumpking. It's the only one I like.

On another note, this mellow evening is making me real chill. About to crack open a brew from FermentNEthing. This is a great soundtrack to go with it. Enjoy with me if you wish!
[ame]http://youtu.be/YSrQlvTfB_4[/ame]

Got a couple Oerbier. And the JP one is La Parcela #1. And today I find out the shop I got it at is now carrying The Bruery so just a matter of time till it around here :ban:

That's right, La Parcela. Hope you can save Oerbier longer than I can.

I'd never do that to you, bruva. but I have that about brewing a batch of Vienna & ferment what I can in a huge hollowed out pumpkin in the fridge. only problem I can think of is the pumpkin rotting before it's done fermenting.

I'm in Marlborough, MA tonight so I can go to my buddy's re-enlistment ceremony tomorrow at Sam Adams. Found this great shop called Julio's that has a massive beer selection. Got myself a great haul and this is one of them. Pretty solid pumpkin beer. Very drinkable, not overdone on the spices, light vegetal pumpkin character. Everything one would want in a pumpkin beer on paper, but it lacks the pop that some other better pumpkin beers have.

CameraZOOM-20130822205131053.jpg

This one tasty brew! Thanks FermentNEthing! I probably should have kept it in the cellar for a while longer, but it was just staring at me saying, "Drink me!" So I did. Waiting for the bucco game to start.

image-3312026791.jpg

Back