FFB Veteran League - HBT Challenge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the_bird said:
Personally, I'd really hate to lose a week of the season, but I'm backing away from this since I've already f*cked up (and since it sounds like I have the most to gain from a re-draft).

Me too, but I didn't want to screw everyone that didn't hear the news before 6. Like I said, I'm willing to set everyone's teams if someone has a recording of the draft picks. If I had known something like this was possible, I would have recorded it myself.

I'm calling bullspit on the Yahoo servers. How did this happen?

What really sucks is that we all have each others strategies.

In all fairness, I suggest we re-draft on Friday or Saturday night, around midnight to 1:00am CST. We should all be good and drunk by then and incapable of gaming each others picks.

the_bird said:
That still makes us lose out on week one, though; games start on Thursday. So, it's tonight, or we lose a week.

Rod, how about after school? We all know it'll be late, but exactly how late are we talking? Do you have a laptop that you could bring into class to draft? I'm up for staying up a little later tonight. Last night went WAY faster than my second draft.

Well, I just looked at the times available. The 11th is the first date there are any draft times available. So, if we want to have week one scoring, we need to either recreate the draft and enter it ourselves or autodraft.

So, by the end of today, we need to decide if we should:
  • Draft same time next week - Tuesday
  • Recreate the draft tonight - I'll be home about 10 pm central and we can do it in chat.
  • Autodraft tonight

I'll send out email via the league message board alerting everyone to voice their opinion here today. I'll do whatever the majority wants.

Bird - as a Mod, can you send IMs to a group? It would be a huge PITA to do it individually.

Guys....look over a player list and do your best to figure out your team, and Rod can put them in manually. This is going to be a royal PITA, but let's get this figured out. We can all fill in the blanks together, hopefully.

Dude said:
Guys....look over a player list and do your best to figure out your team, and Rod can put them in manually. This is going to be a royal PITA, but let's get this figured out. We can all fill in the blanks together, hopefully.

Hmm...I think they should be posted, so that anyone who makes an error has the benefit of their list being reviewed by others prior to everything getting messy.

I barely remember all my picks. I did a draft right after this one and it lasted 3 hours. Everyone looks familiar!

Did I get the Bears D?
I know I had Hester, and I think Benson?
Tom Brady was my first QB
Did I get Frank Gore as my first RB?

Cheesefood said:
Hmm...I think they should be posted, so that anyone who makes an error has the benefit of their list being reviewed by others prior to everything getting messy.

Yes, post your team here...to the best of your ability. We can help each other out.

I *think* I had the guys I listed; that's what showed up this morning.

Joseph Addai
Maurice Jones-Drew
Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
Antonio Gates

No idea anyone beyond that; it showed me five players, nothing else. When I go back to where I was, the data doesn't show up (presumably because the draft date got reset).

Can anyone confirm if those guys make sense as actually being my picks? They seem right, given where I was drafting; I was picking fifth, and Addai was ranked either forth or fifth by Yahoo!

Any you know, if my team sucks, f*ck it; it'll be fun anyway.

olllllo said:
The difficult will be in recreating the auto drafts... Boston and ??
Woud it help to post your playas here?

Boston and me. If everyone else can re-create their teams, maybe Jeff and I can go back-and-forth and pick up who we want from the remainders.

the_bird said:
Boston and me. If everyone else can re-create their teams, maybe Jeff and I can go back-and-forth and pick up who we want from the remainders.

But that's a re-draft for you. Only way to do this fairly is to re-draft.

If every other team is re-contructed, we'd only be picking from the players that no one else had claimed. It's not like I'd be able to grab LT and Peyton Manning; it would be two players who were originally taken in round 6, two players from round 7, etc....

Here is mine to the best of my ability. This is with looking at the list. I don't have much faith in this working...

QB - McNabb, Grossman
RB - Maroney, Barber, ?
TE - Cooley, ?
WR - Steve Smith, ?, ?
D - Carolina
K - Keading

I know my 1 and 2nd rounds for sure - as well as my 5th. I don't think my 3rd and 4th rounders are here

*Steven Jackson (StL - RB)
*Marvin Harrison (Ind - WR)
*Donald Driver (GB - WR)
*Clinton Portis (Was - RB)
*Matt Hasselbeck (Sea - QB)
*Dallas Clark (Ind - TE)
*Brandon Jackson (GB - RB)
*Neil Rackers (Ari - K)
?Dallas (Dal - DEF)
?Jake Delhomme (Car - QB)
D.J. Hackett (Sea - WR)
?Fred Taylor (Jac - RB)

* = Sure
? = Most likey

And, anybody remember anything about Boston's picks? LT, and who else?

If he autodrafted, though, and everyone else knows their top picks, we can extrapolate fairly well who WOULD have been picked for him based on the Yahoo! rankings.

I wrote all of mine down except one.

Carson Palmer
Chad Pennington
TJ Houshmandzadeh
Plaxico Burress
Hines Ward
Laverneous Coles
Reggie Bush
Kevin Jones
Alge Crumpler
John Kasay
Dallas (DEF) (which answers one of olllllo's ?'s below)
??? (I used the suggestion button for my last pick and don't remember what it was)

Woh. I'm at a loss here at what's going on. I knew I couldn't make last night so I figured the auto draft would do its best for me. All I got going for me is my list of players how I had them ordered. I'll keep reading but I am soooooo confused.

DesertBrew said:
Woh. I'm at a loss here at what's going on. I knew I couldn't make last night so I figured the auto draft would do its best for me. All I got going for me is my list of players how I had them ordered. I'll keep reading but I am soooooo confused.

Damn, I thought it was just Boston and I who bugged out last night. If we've got three people (or more) who autodrafted, then I don't see how we'll be able to re-create the player lists. I'm leaning towards a re-draft, and probably doing it after this week's games.

Or pick for me. I'm easy. I don't think I can even make anything tonight. Damn It sounds like I should have peeked at the results last night when I stopped working at frggen 1a :(

I gotta sign off but if it helps anyone for slotting a team for me together (if that's what happens) here is my draft order. I will be working til the wee hours of the night. Naturally I would have shifted positions if someone came up but whatever. You want me in, it's Prickly Pear Mead for the winners :cross:.

1. LaDainian Tomlinson RB
2. Steven Jackson RB
3. Larry Johnson RB
4. Shaun Alexander RB
5. Frank Gore RB
6. Willie Parker RB
7. Joseph Addai RB
8. Rudi Johnson RB
9. Brian Westbrook RB
10. Laurence Maroney RB
11. Ronnie Brown RB
12. Travis Henry RB
13. Clinton Portis RB
14. Reggie Bush RB
15. Maurice Jones-Drew RB
16. Deuce McAllister RB
17. Peyton Manning QB
18. Drew Brees QB
19. Tom Brady QB
20. Carson Palmer QB
21. Donovan McNabb QB
22. Matt Leinart QB
23. Matt Hasselbeck QB
24. Philip Rivers QB
25. Vince Young QB
26. Brett Favre QB
27. Steve Smith WR
28. Reggie Wayne WR
29. Marvin Harrison WR
30. Chad Johnson WR
31. Torry Holt WR
32. Terrell Owens WR
33. Larry Fitzgerald WR
34. T.J. Houshmandzadeh WR
35. Randy Moss WR
36. Anquan Boldin WR
37. Donald Driver WR
38. Javon Walker WR
39. Marques Colston WR
40. Antonio Gates TE
41. Todd Heap TE
42. Jeremy Shockey TE
43. Alge Crumpler TE
44. Tony Gonzalez TE
45. Kellen Winslow K
46. Adam Vinatieri K
47. Josh Brown K
48. Robbie Gould K
49. Neil Rackers K
50. Jeff Wilkins K
51. Shayne Graham K
52. Chicago Def
53. Pittsburgh Def
54. Baltimore Def
55. New England Def
56. San Diego Def
57. Philadelphia Def
58. Oakland Def
59. Dallas Def

DesertBrew said:
Or pick for me. I'm easy. I don't think I can even make anything tonight. Damn It sounds like I should have peeked at the results last night when I stopped working at frggen 1a :(
You wouldn't have been able to see anything.

As soon as the draft was done, the window closed down and that was the last chance anyone had to look at the results.

I only wrote mine down because my wife wanted to know how the draft went.

I remember some of mine:

Definites:
QB: Tony Romo
RB: Shaun Alexander
wr: Torry Holt
wr: Reggie Brown
TE: tony Gonzales
DEf: San Diego
RB: Carnell Williams
RB: Julius Jones

Pretty sures:
TE: Galloway
K: Jeff Wilkins

Foggy:
I had a pick that plays for Indianapolis (can't remember who at all)
Backup qb was Matt Schaub

I'll do whatever you guys decide, but I don't want an autodraft. I didn't realize that we had 3 who weren't there. Just let me know.

I don't want to screw things up. If I've got to dig through the scrap heap for half of my roster, it doesn't matter to me - I'll kick all y'all asses regardless... :D

the_bird said:
I don't want to screw things up. If I've got to dig through the scrap heap for half of my roster, it doesn't matter to me - I'll kick all y'all asses regardless... :D

yeah, well digging through the scrap heap would give you a better team that you had last night! I remember saying in the chat how bad your team sucked- you must have ranked every player just behind the ones we already picked. Each one of your picks was bad, IIRC!

I didn't pre-rank anybody; that was all the Yahoo! rankings. I was fully expecting to be in the draft. Of the guys that I know about, I'm just not terribly stoked about Moss and TO, both of whom I would have held off on.

I really wish I knew who my QB was.... you happen to remember?

the_bird said:
I didn't pre-rank anybody; that was all the Yahoo! rankings. I was fully expecting to be in the draft. Of the guys that I know about, I'm just not terribly stoked about Moss and TO, both of whom I would have held off on.

Yeah, you drafted Michael Vick in the second round.

the_bird said:

I think it was either leftwich or vick. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back